LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fight over family

Platinum Member
    You are being unreasonable. he doesn't have a job to move to. Work and see if the job you got is even one you want and can support yourself on

I think his choices are hurtful but he's inadvertently being truthful with you. He's not ready to leave home yet. I understand you want to know the exact reasons why and it's easier to blame someone or something for your boyfriend's hurtful decisions but it's not going to make you feel any better in the long run. The fact is he doesn't want to go just yet. Whether he'll ever leave home is anyone's guess.

Your best bet is to perhaps focus on your job opportunity in the other country if that's what you really want to do. Don't hold your breath and remember that when one door closes, another (or even others/plural) open! Let go of things you can't change. Move forwards to greater opportunities and grow.

His sister and nephew or niece-to-be take priority over you.

Both of you should secure employment first before making big decisions to move.

No one wants to commit to big changes unless there is a stable income every month.

He's not feeling ready to leave the country for a gamble. Getting angry with him about that will not increase his desire to do so. I'd skip the drama, take the pressure off of him, and put your focus on what YOU need to do to meet your own goals. If the guy wants to join you, he will, but maybe not according to your calendar. If not, then what good will pressuring him gain you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice