Does this message seem "punishing" ?

PJM

(We can talk but on a professional level. Advice is always ok” ) This was from my now ex ( we work together) to which my reply was :

....You know I have been thinking about the damage I have caused and your supervisors advice to stay away and be professional. I think it’s best for me not to approach you for any advice too ... that way it will be only professional . And I will stay out of your way completely. Hopefully I can find some thing else and you don’t have to see me any more . Hopefully that happens soon . Than you can work in peace . Just praying for that--

I can always get advice from some where else . I have faith that divine will send the information when I need it . Have lived on that faith .

No, it doesn't seem punishing. It seems long-winded and unnecessary though. There was no need to reply to his message at all. The mere action of not approaching him from advice would have been enough. I would leave it at that and move on.

(We can talk but on a professional level. Advice is always ok” ) This was from my now ex ( we work together) to which my reply was :

....You know I have been thinking about the damage I have caused and your supervisors advice to stay away and be professional. I think it’s best for me not to approach you for any advice too ... that way it will be only professional . And I will stay out of your way completely. Hopefully I can find some thing else and you don’t have to see me any more . Hopefully that happens soon . Than you can work in peace . Just praying for that--

I can always get advice from some where else . I have faith that divine will send the information when I need it . Have lived on that faith .

No it’s not punishing but it screams desperation from you .

You texted him and he didn’t reply.

So now you resort to sending what you think will appear as a professional message , just to hear back from him???

And you take blame for the fact that you both had consensual sex and now looking for a job elsewhere to save his reputation??

Yesterday you called him your bf, today you call him your ex.

He was never your bf and he will never be your ex.

He is just a guy at work you had a fling with.

Stop contacting him and making matters worse.

Leave it alone.

Just get space.

Time and distance, stop trying to figure him out human beings aren’t math equations, stop trying to fix it, just get space and distance so you both can see more clearly.

Yes will do . Already on no contact phase . Thank you

No, it doesn't seem punishing. It seems long-winded and unnecessary though. There was no need to reply to his message at all. The mere action of not approaching him from advice would have been enough. I would leave it at that and move on.

Yes I agree . Thank you

No it’s not punishing but it screams desperation from you .

You texted him and he didn’t reply.

So now you resort to sending what you think will appear as a professional message , just to hear back from him???

And you take blame for the fact that you both had consensual sex and now looking for a job elsewhere to save his reputation??

Yesterday you called him your bf, today you call him your ex.

He was never your bf and he will never be your ex.

He is just a guy at work you had a fling with.

Stop contacting him and making matters worse.

Hello , I did not send this message today . It was a week ago. I am “ LEAVING HIM ALONE “ right now . It’s been over a week . Thanks for the reply any way .

Hello , I did not send this message today . It was a week ago. I am “ LEAVING HIM ALONE “ right now . It’s been over a week . Thanks for the reply any way .

Then why post about your reply today after omitting it from your post yesterday?

And only today on your other thread you said you had texted him.

Something isn’t adding up

Punishing = no. Passive-aggressive martyrdom ("a display of feigned or exaggerated suffering to obtain sympathy or admiration") = yes.

Wait, why would you be asking advice over something you did over a week ago?

NC for a week and you’re asking is to help you obsess over an email you sent?

Nooooo.

Stop.

Leave.it.alone.

Archived