Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This girl whom i met in US is planning to come here for school - advice?

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    If she has not applied to schools yet,the likelihood she will come in august is small. Lots of people have applied all the way as early as last fall to be accepted for this august. Time is very short.
    If you were set up as a matchmaker, i would be very upfront and ask if she were to come as a student, would she be doing it to get a better job or would she also be doing it to date you to see where it went. If she really is coming for school regardless thats one thing, but if she is coming to date and see where it goes, you should visit her in China and she should come on a visitors VISA just to visit.

I still think you need to meet American women!!

If you were both knowingly introduced by a matchmaker then i think you should take the bull by the horns and ask if she were coming over as a student regardless of anything or is she coming over to also potentially date you and see where it goes.

I think you misunderstood about her August trip. Her august trip is simply visiting family because of holidays. I and she knows that realistically next August is when she would start school. I am willing to do a long distance plus short visits if she is up for it. It is just when to ask her that question and that's why i thought maybe August. I do have someone i talk to 5 hrs away and we planned to meet during july 4th weekend but that doesn't guarantee anything either.

I agree taking the initiative and ask but just not sure best time - when she visits in august, when she got into a school, or? Getting into school is probably end of year..

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by lioil
    I think you misunderstood about her August trip. Her august trip is simply visiting family because of holidays. I and she knows that realistically next August is when she would start school. I am willing to do a long distance plus short visits if she is up for it. It is just when to ask her that question and that's why i thought maybe August. I do have someone i talk to 5 hrs away and we planned to meet during july 4th weekend but that doesn't guarantee anything either.

I agree taking the initiative and ask but just not sure best time - when she visits in august, when she got into a school, or? Getting into school is probably end of year..
    When she visits in August, ask her "So, If you have never been to the United States before now, what makes you interested in living here? How will you know you like it" A stranger making small talk at a coffee shop when someone says "i am thinking of moving to the area" will even say that. Don't be afraid. What's the worst that can happen??

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    When she visits in August, ask her "So, If you have never been to the United States before now, what makes you interested in living here? How will you know you like it" A stranger making small talk at a coffee shop when someone says "i am thinking of moving to the area" will even say that. Don't be afraid. What's the worst that can happen??
    No she has been here many times already. thats how i met her through routine visit to her family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice