What do I do? Where do I go from this?

Today I was suppose to go to my girlfriend's graduation since she went to mine but I didn't get to go to hers because I misread the times ( I thought it was at 9pm but it was at 9am). Now she is mad at me and I feel like we are on the verge of breaking up. Yet I dont want to lose her. I dont know what to do or where to go from here or how i can fix this. I just dont want to lose her.

If she cannot and will not accept your honest mistake and profuse apologies, then she's not much of a girlfriend. Being a good person is learning to forgive especially if the misstep wasn't deliberate and there is sincere remorse from the person imploring forgiveness. Think about: CHARACTER.

What did you do instead that day. Sounds like she doesn't believe the story you told her as to why you didn't show up. Was your graduation ceremony at 9 PM? How did you manage to get the time correct for yours but not hers? Let her cool off but apologize and be honest rather than reiterate this excuse..She already doesn't believe you. Did you get her a graduation gift or show up at 9 PM?

Today I was suppose to go to my girlfriend's graduation since she went to mine but I didn't get to go to hers because I misread the times ( I thought it was at 9pm but it was at 9am).

So it's a pretty bozo move to think her graduation was the first late night graduation ceremony in the history of education. But, hey, people are allowed to be bozos from time to time. It happens. Do you have a history of some bozo stuff with her? Has she brought up bozo stuff in the past?

If this is an outlier—well, you've offered a sincere apology and explanation. That's all you can do. Let her take as much time as she needs to cool off without pushing her, trust your remorse and expression of it, and trust the idea that if she can't forgive you—if this is the hill she wants to relationship to die on—then it means you guys aren't meant to be together.

The only bozo thing I did was when I dropped her off and I said I was gonna go to work but then about halfway to work they called me saying they were gonna close up early so I could have the day off so I just went to the park. Then she text me saying that I wasn't at work and that I'm lying to her.

I'm gonna give it time then I'm gonna see if she would wanna go on a date with me again. I'm gonna take her to one of her favorite places and her favorite place to eat. But until Thursday I'm just gonna not talk to her until the day comes. Do you think I'm making the right move?

I'm gonna try to take her on a date Thursday but until then I'm gonna just remain a ghost until that day comes. I'm gonna take her to her favorite places and her favorite place to eat. Do you think I'm making the right move? If not what do you thing I should do instead?

The only bozo thing I did was when I dropped her off and I said I was gonna go to work but then about halfway to work they called me saying they were gonna close up early so I could have the day off so I just went to the park. Then she text me saying that I wasn't at work and that I'm lying to her.

So you never cleared up with her that work closed early and you were at the park? Because I can understand why she'd doubt your graduation mix up story if you "lied" to her in the past, in her mind.

Anyway, I wouldn't not talk to her for a few days. It would look like you didn't care to attend her grad and also don't care enough to text her anymore. I'd send something like, "Wish you a lovely day today" or well, whatever is normal small talk between you two, until you see her next. I would be super upset if a BF missed my grad. Obviously I'd forgive, but it takes some time to cool off for these kinds of things, especially since yeah, like others said, grads don't ever exactly happen at 9pm. She just may be seeing this as lazy or intentional, on your part, rather than accidental.

(UPDATE): So basically we broke up yesterday. I dont feel anything sort of sadness. I just wish things could've been different. I wanna thank of you all for giving me all the advice you can give. It gonna be a hard process but I know I'll pull myself through this. I just gotta keep moving forward. Thank you so much for everything guys. I'm so reborn.

Chalk it up to a great lesson in the collage of dating. Don't make up outlandish lies. Next time simply treat a girl with more respect if you want her to stick around.

Are there any tips that any of you can give me to forget about her and move on faster?

I wouldn't of believed you also. In fact I still don't believe that you thought it was at 9pm. I was going to say just be honest because "Thinking it was at 9pm" was about the fastest excuse you could of come up with in such a short amount of time. So if you overslept, got the date wrong or just flat out didn't remember, tell her, but you stuck with the 9pm excuse.

Nothing you can do but leave her alone. If you want to come clean, then do so, but if you are going to stay with the "9pm" thing I would just let her be.

Good luck

Archived