Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Girl said she would come over but needed to ask parents first, now silent

Originally Posted by saluk
    I don't think you are being entirely honest with yourself. The pressure you put on this meetup belies your attempts to downplay it. If it's not such a big deal... don't make it such a big deal.

She probably was on the fence about whether or not the meeting would be a good idea. If you are exes, and neither of you is planning to get together again, and the distance that drove you apart is still an issue (as it clearly is considering you were only going to be in town a short time), and her parents still don't want her to date you, then actually the get together wasn't a good idea. What would be the point, unless some of those factors were changed?

You are both probably better off that it didn't happen. I get that maybe you feel bad about how things ended. She probably does too. That's pretty normal in a breakup. But you can't always fix the past, and this is especially true when nothing has really changed.
    Honestly, you are 100% right. Her reaching out to me in the first place and flirting through me all sorts of ways, and then me coming back and reaching out the next day set me back quite a bit I feel. It is really just things ended terribly, over text (because she was not able to actually see me so we could not really do it in person) and then next thing I knew I moved. It was awful, and I was hoping to make amends for it I guess, but what could I really have done? Probably nothing, so not meeting up was probably the best thing.

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    AGREE. The "a hookup would have been nice" sort of blows your cover and she was not born yesterday
    Well, the thing kind of is, she wanted to too. I think? I made like a flirty joke with her about hooking up then said I was joking and she said “man, I really wish you weren’t.” So I do not really know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice