Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: This feels like a break up....

  1. #41
    Platinum Member reinventmyself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,270
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Actually blue, see Marissa's last post.

    Apparently he led with sex by asking her questions about sex on the first date, and Marissa responded accordingly.

    Marissa I stick to my opinion that I think this turkey gaslighted you, and you dodged a bullet.
    A bright future with you' and she went with that?

    I wouldnt call that gaslighting. I call that being a little niave.

    It's ok. We've all done something similar. We shake it off, take that lesson with us and do differently next time.

  2. #42
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    12,079
    Who is this guy?

    "It's worked out for me in the last year and a half; my boyfriend turned 48 last month and I'm turning 27 in October. Like every couple with an age gap we always get stares and people trying to figure out what "we are" with most people thinking that he's my sugar daddy. We've had our ups and downs, obviously, but I am immensely happy with him and don't see myself with anyone else."

    You wrote this today on a thread about age gap relationships. I'm confused.

  3. #43
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    9,600
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Who is this guy?

    "It's worked out for me in the last year and a half; my boyfriend turned 48 last month and I'm turning 27 in October. Like every couple with an age gap we always get stares and people trying to figure out what "we are" with most people thinking that he's my sugar daddy. We've had our ups and downs, obviously, but I am immensely happy with him and don't see myself with anyone else."

    You wrote this today on a thread about age gap relationships. I'm confused.
    Me too! Marissa?

    @reinvent, you're right what you quoted wasn't gaslighting. Read my post 36 for better clarity.

    Doesn't matter. Given OP's post in age gap section, this thread has launched me straight into the twilight zone.

    Nite all.

  4. #44
    Platinum Member bluecastle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,234
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Given OP's post in age gap section, this thread has launched me straight into the twilight zone.
    Ditto. I was writing something else that I thought might be helpful, but now I'm just...well, Marissa? Or Marissas? Maybe you can help us understand how you pulled off the trick of celebrating your longterm boyfriend's 48th birthday and got a little tangled up with this dude at the same time.

  5.  

  6. #45
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    631
    Gender
    Male
    Now I'm interested. Potential monkey branching/cheating drama ahead

  7. #46
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    34,906
    Gender
    Male
    Ok next time take it more slowly and focus on actions rather than words. If you don't want "booty call" take your time getting to know someone and wait until the exclusive talk. Texting every day means nothing and does not fast forward things to a relationship or being exclusive. Also do not lecture on "serious", simply demonstrate this through your actions.

    This one sounds like a jerk on the prowl, replete with all the lines and steering you to his place for the third date rule for a pump and dump. Great lesson learned about what to look for and what to pay attention to.
    Originally Posted by MarissaJ
    I mentioned to him that I did not want to become a booty call. We texted and called each other everyday after that. Our second time hanging out was the same thing, but this time things got a little hot and heavy but we did not have sex, finally third date, we meet up at his place before going to watch a movie one thing led to another and we end up having sex.

  8. #47
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    12,079
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Ok next time take it more slowly and focus on actions rather than words. If you don't want "booty call" take your time getting to know someone and wait until the exclusive talk. Texting every day means nothing and does not fast forward things to a relationship or being exclusive. Also do not lecture on "serious", simply demonstrate this through your actions.

    This one sounds like a jerk on the prowl, replete with all the lines and steering you to his place for the third date rule for a pump and dump. Great lesson learned about what to look for and what to pay attention to.
    Well, since the OP has been in a relationship with a different man for a year and a half, that certainly changes the situation...

  9. #48
    Gold Member Gary Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Land of Wind & Ghosts
    Posts
    1,329
    It sounds like the guy was a player - got what he wanted, sex one time.

    I'm sorry about all this, but it could have been worse....if the relationship had lasted a month more, you would have been much more devastated.

    Try to wait longer for sex next time, if you can (easy to say, hard to do). (and I'm not saying you moved too quickly)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •