Can we make a relationship work?

Gunners2621

I will attempt to cut to the chase here. Last year I met and dated an amazing German girl who came to my country for an internship. This of course ended when she went back home as the distance was simply too great. Since then we have kept in contact and this past week I visited her again. Just seeing her for such a short period has already brought back the feelings I have for her. I have never felt so drawn to someone before (from literally the first time I saw her) and I have had many relationships (including long-term). After she left last year I thought maybe I was just infatuated with her, but seeing her this time I know that is not the case. I can speak to her for hours on end without paying attention to anything else, when I can barely speak for 10 minutes to anyone else (including close friends) without becoming distracted. Although she can be hard to read, I do believe she is to some degree interested in me (she laughs at my jokes, gives long intimate hugs, etc).

So now I am moving to Germany in August and will live less than 4 hours by train from her. She has already told me to come visit her again when I move there. I know that it is still quite far and will be difficult, but I feel as though I will forever regret it if I don't give this a chance. But how do I make this happen? Did I make the right decision to not talk about such a possibility with her this past week, or was it a better idea to tell her now how I feel? Does this have any chance of working?

"....but I feel as though I will forever regret it if I don't give this a chance"

You already answered your own question. Tell her your plans and what you are thinking. See what she says. If you don't, the "what if" regret will eat you alive.

You already dated, you've maintained connection, she wants to see you again - the feeling is likely mutual, you just have to work out the logistics.

"....but I feel as though I will forever regret it if I don't give this a chance"

You already answered your own question. Tell her your plans and what you are thinking. See what she says. If you don't, the "what if" regret will eat you alive.

You already dated, you've maintained connection, she wants to see you again - the feeling is likely mutual, you just have to work out the logistics.

Pretty much this. Normally I would give a long wannabe-insightful answer but really all I can say about this is.. Go for it! ♥

Thank you everyone. I just needed some sort of guidance here. I'll let her know how I feel when I next see her, I suppose there is no point of doing so now when I am half the world away. If she starts seeing someone else in that time I guess its fate.

Archived