Weird Friendship triangle, HELP!

So, this is the story.

I am a normal cool guy who lives in a normal country, i have been friends with muy guy best friend since we were at highschool, thats like 14 years now give or take, i also have been friends with one of my closest friends who is a girl since the same time 15 to 14 years give or take, and the 3 of us have been friends ever since, BUT ( because there has to be a but ) they ( my guy best friend and my girl close friend ) had a romantic highschool relationship that lasted a year and a half or so, that was like 10 years ago.

He now lives in another country, but me and her, we live in the same country as we always have, we go out as we always have, go to the movies, go out to dance, practice sports together, everything we are used to do since ever just the two of us, we really care about each other there is no other way to put it.

The thing is that i have been having feelings, different feelings towards her like for a year or so, but even tho we see each other every week two times a week tops, i have never said anything about that to her, why? well there is the thing that she is MY BEST FRIENDS 1ST EX EVER. and second SHE IS A GREAT FRIEND OF MINE, but i can't stop thinking about the WHAT IF, every time i am with her we have a great time, everytime i see her i love the feeling, i love how she looks, i love how she worries about me, how we text each other to let each other know that we have arrived home after going out, i just love being with her, and i love how she makes me feel, BUT BUT BUT should i?, i think i am worried the most because she is my best friends ex, but if i speak to him and let him know... what if she doesn't feel the same way... what should i do in general?

This isn't a triangle. This is being in the friendzone when you would rather be dating her. Does she currently have a bf? If not try making your outings and communication more like dates than friends hanging out.

every time i am with her we have a great time, everytime i see her i love the feeling, i love how she looks, i love how she worries about me, how we text each other to let each other know that we have arrived home after going out, i just love being with her, and i love how she makes me feel

10 years ago ???

There is obviously no love lost between them! So why does that matter?

I’m sorry you developed feelings for her when it seems not to reciprocated.

You should probably chat to your male friend about this? And explain that you have one sided feelings and he might have better insight in this than us?

Ten years is plenty of time for them to both heal and move on. Why don't you tell your guy friend that you kind of like the girl? See what he says-- chances are, he will tell you to go for it!

If she is truly your friend, she will stay your friend after you tell her how you feel even if she doesn't reciprocate the feelings. But it sounds like she might!!!

She's an EX now. It sounds like she just wants to be friends. I agree with loyal. Have a talk with her and be honest. If she's interested in remaining friends, then remain friends. If she's willing to take friendship to the next level toward a relationship, she will tell you. See how it goes.

Archived