LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy hates you?

Guy hates you?

At least 3 male coworkers whom I used to work with make me think they hate me. When we are in group of ppl, they said that i was not beautiful / couldnít find any boyfriend / they said they would never date me / made my boss think that i made a mistake at work which i didnít.

But when we are alone, they told me i was beautiful, asked me to go to movie / dinner, asked if i need any snack since iíve helped their work.

Whatís wrong with these people? They hate me ? Iím shy and quiet, sometimes i made arguments with them about work. Is this because i have a weak confidence and stupid ?

Bullies do target whom they think is weak prey. It's always good to build your self esteem, so read some articles and books on how to do that for your own good.

Don't allow people in your life who are toxic to you. Don't join that group of people anymore for activities. If there are people in that group who are great friends, tell them you'll get together with them individually, but will no longer do the group activities because of the way you're treated by the jerks.

Platinum Member
    You used to work with but donít now?
    Do you work in a male dominated profession?

No, iím still working with one of them. Most of the workers are female in my office.

Even though you have a crush on him, keep it professional. Be cordial and polite at work. Don't be difficult, unfriendly, argumentative and do not flirt. Keep your dating life outside of the office.
    Originally Posted by Chinil
    Iím shy and quiet, sometimes i made arguments with them about work.

Do you think they like me ?

Replied in your identical thread about this: [Register to see the link]

yes , i forgot about this. I hope it indicates interest, but it seems not to be..

Absolutely do not go out with anyone who treats you so poorly in public or in any context. That type of behavior is inexcusable, regardless of what they may tell you in private. Stay away from people so lowly.
    I can't say for sure what their problem might be, but given that most of the workers there are female, I can imagine they're probably just a mix of confused, desperate and frustrated to be acting like this towards you. If you can, try to not mind them so much, as they're clearly not people worthy of attention. Focusing on growing at the workplace, make everyone appreciate you for your good work rather than for whatever petty remarks lowly coworkers might make. You're better than these people, be proud. Eventually, these things will stop, if you manage to face them with confidence, be it even simulated, and not give them the satisfaction of having visibly hurt you.

Platinum Member
    ďBut when we are alone, they told me i was beautiful, asked me to go to movie / dinner, asked if i need any snack since iíve helped their workď

Your last thread simply suggested getting your coworker to get you a snack. Not anything else.

I find it hard to believe (sorry) that this guy or any other guy said in a group setting that you are not beautiful and no one would date you. (Without anyone in the group saying something if the comments were rude)

I think you are concocting stories in your head?
    How is your social life outside of work??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice