If fell out of love with ex or lost interest - do you think of them anymore?

Does anyone who has broken up with an ex because they just “fell out of love” or lost interest ever think about the one you had fallen out of love with?

Just curious because I have seen it go both ways before years later and want to hear some experiences.

I mean, he crosses my mind once in a blue moon, as does anyone I've had a friendship or relationship with. I hope he is doing well.

Have I ever felt a reappearance of romantic desire for him? Or regrets that I called it off? No, I can honestly say I haven't. It's been well over 15 years since then and I have long since moved on. It wasn't a relationship that was meant to last.

It's normal to think about anyone who has been part of your life. It doesn't matter who broke up or why the breakup was. Sometimes when people are lonely or experience a breakup, former loves come to mind. Is that what's happening for you?

Once I'm fully out of love, it stays that way. However, I also don't keep any contact or connection with my exes. If you're looking for hope regarding being dumped for this reason, I won't be any help in fueling it. Lost attraction generally means that the relationship is done for good. It could spark if you happen to run into them years down the line after a long period of no contact, but it's just very unlikely.

Does anyone who has broken up with an ex because they just “fell out of love” or lost interest ever think about the one you had fallen out of love with?

Just curious because I have seen it go both ways before years later and want to hear some experiences.

Of course. .along with a lot of other people who I have crossed paths with in my lifetime. But I don't assign any importance to it.

I mean just like anything life can trigger specific memories, a smell, a location, a movie etc. doesnt really mean anything significant though, its not even a goes both ways thing, if someone is truly over someone else, they dont ruminate, thats completely different from a fond memory which has no real emotional attachment.

I think of all my past loves and interests regularly. Mostly because they're part of my story and who I am, memories of them are triggered just like anything else that I've seen in life. Sometimes maybe I wonder what could have been, maybe even wished I'd done some things differently. But they're all fleeting thoughts that I just let run their course. Ultimately, I wear my scars of past loves like a badge of honor. They haven't killed me yet, so what else can?

I often think about past romances and boyfriends, but mostly just because they're part of a past that shaped me, and they are part of memories and happenings. I don't yearn for them in any way...

The boyfriend I had before my last, long relationship, is a guy I briefly think about now and then. I still like the qualities I fell for with him, but our life styles didn't match, and still doesn't so that's that. I wish him all the best. I dumped him and never regretted it, but if I met him down the line and he suddenly wasn't super religious anymore, that might change things, I don't know...

My last boyfriend dumped me, July 2018. He is now extremely eager to reconcile and says he regretted the break up pretty fast, but that he didn't want to hurt me more by telling me this. Stupid, I know. I would have LOVED having him back... But now our situations are somewhat different, so I don't know what will happen.

I guess it's normal to think about past lovers and relationships. And sometimes it is possible to get together again after some time apart. It's down to what was the reason for the break up, I think. But if you're secretly wondering of you might have a shot with a person who dumped you, my immediate thought is that the dumpers regret it pretty fast IF they regret dumping you.

Ask 100 people and youll get different answers. What matters is not what others think, its what you think that matters.

I sometimes think about my long term ex (together six years), however it's not with fondness unfortunately.

I used to think of him more fondly, but as I'm growing and maturing and becoming more emotionally healthy, looking back on that relationship, I realize now what a **** he was, so on the off chance he pops into my mind, I immediately shut those thoughts down.

There are other shorter term ex's I sometimes think about, but it's with a sort of indifference.

I might even search social media to find out what they're up to, only out of curiosity, I don't harbor any sort of romantic feelings for them anymore.

Ask 100 people and youll get different answers. What matters is not what others think, its what you think that matters.

I totally agree with you. I just wanted to hear other people’s stories. Everyone has a different path and everyones experience is unique.

But it’s interesting to see how people deal with the same type of situation in so many different ways. Thank you everyone for your input!

I think of all my past loves and interests regularly. Mostly because they're part of my story and who I am, memories of them are triggered just like anything else that I've seen in life. Sometimes maybe I wonder what could have been, maybe even wished I'd done some things differently. But they're all fleeting thoughts that I just let run their course. Ultimately, I wear my scars of past loves like a badge of honor. They haven't killed me yet, so what else can?

I totally relate to this response. Thanks for sharing!

Archived