My ex added me after 2 years no contact, what should I do?

My ex and I broke up around 5 years ago, we stayed in touch after and she kept being close to me but then a year after the break up I seen her with someone else and confronted her at which point she said she moved on, this broke my heart so I stopped speaking to her although I didn’t delete her off my social media. Another year after that we slowly started to speak again, then I worked out that the other guy cheated on her, we stayed in touch and she started to get close to me again and even apologised for the way she left, I asked her if there’s any hope for us but she said no, I was really confused cos I didn’t know why she was being close to me, so at that point I told her I can’t handle this anymore and that we need to lose contact so I can move on, we wished each other the best and I deleted her off all my social media and that was when we lost touch around 2 years ago. I’ve never moved on since her and I hadn’t heard from her since then, but 3 days ago she started following me on Social media, I followed her back but she didnt message me or anything although I could see that she has been active, so I deleted her this morning but kinda regret it after. A part of me wants to add her back but I have my doubts because I don’t want her to break my heart again but at the same time I still miss her, I’m so confused. I’m not sure if she feels anything. Did I do the right thing or would it be weird if I added her back?

I think it would be better if you were more healed/indifferent, but it seems you are not....

It's been said that if an ex wants back in your life they will make it more obvious. It's never happened for me so I'm not the expert on that, but I don't think a few background 'follows' on a social media platform constitutes them wanting to come back...

I suggest you did the right thing and just keep moving...

I miss my exwife after around 17 months now so I do understand*

If she does start making more obvious moves towards you, just don't rush in and make it too easy for her and proceed with caution...

Easy come. Easy go....as the saying goes*

Hope this helps*

Carus*

You would feel a lot better and be better able to move forward if you completely and permanently delete and block her and all her people from all your messaging apps and social media. She only uses you for attention when she gets dumped/bored. What kind of life is that for you? All this time you could be meeting and dating nice women who care about you.

My ex and I broke up around 5 years ago. I worked out that the other guy cheated on her, we stayed in touch and she started to get close to me again

At Disneyland they have this ride nicknamed the "Tea Cups". Every time I go on it, I end up dizzy, feeling horrible for hours, throwing up but my friends want to go on it all the time. So I go on it, then I feel terrible, dizzy and throw up. The last 10 times I went on it I threw up, felt dizzy, and felt horrible.

I don't want to feel that way again, what should I tell my friends next time they want to ride the Tea Cups?

At Disneyland they have this ride nicknamed the "Tea Cups". Every time I go on it, I end up dizzy, feeling horrible for hours, throwing up but my friends want to go on it all the time. So I go on it, then I feel terrible, dizzy and throw up. The last 10 times I went on it I threw up, felt dizzy, and felt horrible.

I don't want to feel that way again, what should I tell my friends next time they want to ride the Tea Cups?

I think it may be better if you start your own thread.

She was probably just curious to see how you were doing.

Hopefully you have been working on your self over the years and are now looking fit, well dressed, successful, and financially well off. ;-) (Or at least improved since you last saw her.)

You did the right thing. This sort of fleeting "contact" (of a sort) opens old wounds temporarily, but it won't last. You'll be fine.

Great analogy and point, not sure if OP got it though.

Archived