LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What just happened?

What just happened?

I messaged her around 10 AM when I woke up to say good morning , then sent 4 other random things like memes and such for her to view when she wakes up. She messages me at 1 AM and this is how the conversation went:

Her: Will check it out.
    Her: How come you havenít messaged much today?

Me: ?
    Me: Define much [Note: Iím confused because like I said before, I sent her 4 other things across a 3 hour period before.. wondering why this isnít enough.. especially when sheís probs busy or sleeping.. idk what sheís doing at this point]

Her: Like usually you message more..
    Her: I just havenít heard from you much aside from the wiz thing or the song suggestion
    Her: You didnít text me what youíre doing or anything, which is what you usually do.
    Her: So idk.
    Her: Even now youíre giving shorter responses so I donít know what to think.

Me: I was super tired when I read them originally such that when I woke up, I forgot you sent them. [Note: I woke up around 6 am and read them but legitimately forgot about it]

Me: And what were you doing between 8:44 am [Note: she wakes up around 7 am- 8am to walk her dog then goes back to sleep.. she messaged me last at 8:44 am] till now?

Her: I fell asleep. I thought that was pretty obvious when I said I did all my morning tasks and was in my room again
    Her: Donít turn this back on me

Me: Are you okay? Iím just asking you a question.
    Me: No one is turning anything back on you. Please relax.
    Me : Where did you say you did all your morning tasks? Canít seem to find that [Note there was no text saying she did all her morning tasks]

Her: I am calm - do not tell me to relax. Itís just hilarious that if tables were turned youíd have been all upset.
    Her: I already said ďMorning honey. Walked latte and zorro in the rain. Was talking to mom, now back in my roomĒ
    Her: What does that imply to you
    Her: Thereís only 1 thing I need to do every morning. Walk the dog or dogs.

Me: That doesnít equate to ďAll my morning tasksĒ I donít know what all your morning tasks entail.. your tasks vary from day to day
    Me: So no, Iím not going to assume you slept
    Me: Please donít expect me to

Her: Lol how.. I wake up, do the same thing everyday, hit the bed again
    Her: So please educate me on how they vary
    Her: Youíre just going into semantics now so you can blame me for something I didnít do Instead of talking about you.
    Her: ...yet again.

[Note: Weíve been together for 2.5 years and been through things like this countless times.. so Iím not entertaining it anymore]

Me: Look Iím not really interested in holding this conversation with you if youíre going to act like this... not really sure why I deserve all this but okay.

Iím sorry for not telling you Iíve been in my room all day working on my project and not responding to your other messages because i forgot/was busy.

I have deadlines to meet so donít expect many responses from me. [Note: I have an important project that Iím working on that I tell her about all the time and share my progress with]

Her: Lol yup, easy escape with excuses like always.
    Her: Do what you have to. Youíre not worth my time to be upset about.
    Her: Even if Iím genuinely talking or addressing a question, itís considered as ďif youíre going to act like thisĒ so do as you please. Iím exhausted trying to talk to you when you get like this.
    Her: Oh and parting thought, sorryís donít have any value if you donít mean them or youíre just saying them for the pleasure of the other individual. I sooo donít need that lol. Especially from a person who thinks me talking to them is ďbeing upsetĒ or being some kinda way. You not messaging me is not worth losing my cool. [Note: When I apologize, theyíre Note genuine and when I donít apologize, Iím told I never apologize.. catch 22?]
    Her: I no longer will discuss this or raise anything questions like this ever again. Iíve learnt that every time you easily run away from the matter without bearing any responsibility because every-time the something like this is raised, you are ďbusyĒ or ďwith tighter deadlinesĒ. So be busy :)

no longer will discuss this or raise anything questions like this ever again.

.... So what did I do so wrong? With the first message she sent this morning, i knew bad news was coming..

Itís kinda silly that because I didnít message more than 5 times and told her that I was in my room working on my project, I got all of that bs. I usually tell her if Iím going somewhere outside my house or eating bht she expects me to tell her every little detail. I genuinely apologized for I know she likes to be up to date with everything.. but seriously? What I do to deserve this?

Help??
    Last edited by Tyresee; 05-25-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Um. Why do you guys have to know exactly what the other one is doing at every moment?

What just happened?

Right? Iím really posting here b/c Iím gonna go insane if I donít get second opinions on this kind of stuff. I appreciate any responses however female replies would be beneficial so I can see the problem from a different perspective

I'm female, I've never behaved like this but I have had bfs who have. It's not a gender thing.

It also seems as you're doing the same.

Iím sorry, thatís my fault for assuming. When you said ďyou guysĒ it seemed like you were a guy talking about females who do similar things. My fault again.

How does it seem like Iím doing the same? Iíd love to hear your feedback

Platinum Member
    Stop texting her every time you make a sandwich, turn on the tv, take a !
    She has become conditioned to expecting it and when she doesnít hear about how you have no pickles to put on your sandwich , she starts to think there is something wrong.

You both need to grow up and stop bickering.
    Tell her that in future texts will be exchanged only when one or other isnít available to have an actual chat on the phone.

Ive told her this before: I like being updated if sheís leaving the house, about to sleep or nap or if sheís going to be busy for a long period of time. This is because if I donít hear from her for a long time, I worry (Iím sure this is normal) so a heads up is nice. If she forgets every now and then, itís not the end of the world but consistently is a problem for me

Thanks @Billie28!

Youíre right about the conditioning thing. Iíve come to this realization and Iím trying to dial it back little by little

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice