Were SSRI’s to blame for sudden break up?

Bro32

My ex started taking antidepressants right about the time everything went down hill? I feel like there can be a correlation between taking SSRI’s and my ex’s sudden loss of feelings for me!

Anti depressants take a few weeks to kick in so obviously no correlation.

But perhaps after those few weeks and when they kicked in is when she felt strong enough mentally to leave a situation she wasn’t happy with.

But no they aren’t the reason her feelings changed , that likely happened a long time ago.

They perhaps are the reason why she was strong enough to face her feelings she has had for a while.

As long as you ascribe a host of external factors to the breakup, you'll be living in a hell of "what if's" and 'shoulda, coulda, wouldas'. Why cripple yourself like this? It's inhibiting you from moving forward. All the obscure theories in the world, however entertaining, will never really provide you with the truth or peace. Clearly treatment for mental illness will shift dynamics, but it will not make a good relationship turn bad.

Like I mentioned to you in one of your other threads, you're always gonna have questions and a lot of them will never be answered. You'll probably never know the full reason for the breakup and the thing is, no amount of answers would be satisfying anyway. They'll just lead to more questions and more feelings of guilt, regret, or inadequacy.

A lot of breakups go down in a way where it seems so sudden and confusing for the one dumped. "They broke up with me over that?" It's the searching for closure that traps you in your own mind, over-analyzing it all, when the bottom line really just comes down to they are not with you anymore because they don't want to be.

It's a hard pill to swallow and I don't expect you to be able to yet. All I'm trying to say is that the sooner you look to the future and stop living in the past, the sooner you will heal. Your closure will come from yourself, in time, with acceptance. I know how hard it is, man. I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic, but if you really take in and utilize the things people here tell you, you'll be better faster. When I first came here I didn't really listen. I held on to the hope of her coming back to me for so long and it took me a long f**king time to get over that one. I just don't want you to make the same mistake.

You wrote two threads ago that it was over, you're done and you've accepted it.

Obviously, you are not and you have not.

Why try so hard to cling to someone who #1, lost feelings for you and #2, gained them for someone else?

You're hurting yourself here. I get it, the only comfort you can find is imagining her coming back to you. But it's a false comfort.

My ex started taking antidepressants right about the time everything went down hill? I feel like there can be a correlation between taking SSRI’s and my ex’s sudden loss of feelings for me!

Her depression COULD be the cause of her "sudden loss f feelings for you." No so much the meds she takes for it.

So she’s gone forever? What are the chances of another shot in the future when she’s back in town? Slim??

You are sounding desperate and obsessed. Instead of asking 'hoping' type questions like this, why not change the narrative going on in your own head to that of accepting that the relationship is over and now you MUST do things to help you to more quickly get to the stage of indifference to her. These threads are not helping you with that goal.

It is better to expect that it's over for good so you can actually start moving on. Clinging onto the hope of reuniting will slow your progress to a slug's pace. Work on yourself and keep that as your focus, and if by chance she reaches out to you and wants to try again, you'll be in a better place for it.

Do you have some good distractions to help you get your mind off her? Good friends, shows and movies, working out, etc? Whatever it is, keep doing those things.

Archived