He’s younger than me but is he interested?

SarahLove007

Hi all

I’m so confused and distracted by this situation

I have a huge crush on this guy at my gym (he also goes to my university), but he’s four years younger than me

He always says hi, is really cute and funny

There was a party last Friday and I always noticed he happened to be near me or when I went to sit outside with my girls he would end up there too

So I went up to him in gym and asked him for a coffee, he said sure so i told him to text me when he’s done with his exams

So he did just that

Except we both had to cancel because he got busy with family and I had a dentist appointment

He rescheduled the following day but wanted to bring his cousin and told me to bring a friend?

I said no to this, because none of my girlfriends wanted to hang with his cousin 🙈

Also who brings a third wheel to a coffee date?? It was supposed to be just a simple coffee date

And I didn’t wanna go alone to see the both of them

Anyway I just got a little desperate this evening

And messaged him saying “heyyy what’re you up to” at 12.30 pm...

He hasn’t replied, safe to assume he’s gone to sleep

I need serious damage control and advice on how to recover from this situation and salvage myself

Or just change gyms lol

I’m also so confused as to whether he likes me or not or just friendly

It sounds like he is just not that into you. He likes the attention but at the end of the day he does not view you seriously. The most telling sign was asking to bring third parties in your coffee date. No guy who is seriously interested would do that. Imo, you need to stop chasing after him. Next time you see him on the gym, just smile and say hi as you would with any acquaintances, and move on. As for that party, that was random but your brain was focused on him and was trying to satisfy your wishful thinking/longing. Crushes can make you see what you wanting to see...

Stop texting him.

The next time you see him at the gym, make a joke about not having good timing for that coffee. Tell him to call you when he's not busy and then leave it in his hands. If he's interested, he'll contact you. If he doesn't contact you, stop trying.

Having a crush is one of the most dangerous things in the world haha ! This is so unlike me, I never message or think of anyone this much

I think I'm really insecure too because of the age gap

I have to accept he's not into me

I don't think he's attracted to you either. There are plenty more fish in the sea. No need to lament. Dust yourself off and meet new people.

Very true and wise

There's plenty of other people around

I mean there was a cute slightly older guy in the gym the other day and we were talking about ice hockey because it was on the TV and he continued to stare while I worked out but I paid no attention because the younger guy was also in the gym, why is it always the ones we want who are not interested

Time to play it really cool and back right off.

Is your intention to just be friends with him? Don't text strangers at weird hours.

I have been in a long distance relationship for 7 years, I have been loyal to the core to my boyfriend now fiancé. I don’t club, or go to bars or even have many guys friends .I never put myself in situations where I flirt or do anything to harm the sanctity of our relationship. However my fiancé has never been emotionally or physically present, or available to my needs.

Is your intention to just be friends with him? Don't text strangers at weird hours.

Me and my fiance broke up around december 2018

He was my first boyfriend who I was with for 7 years, (I grew out of the relationship and realised we didn't want the same things anymore)

which I think is part of the problem.

I don't know how to date new people

How to react when a guy shows a little attention

Flirting? what is that even lol

I think I just need to get out a little more now and focus on myself

I put myself away for so long for the sake of my ex, to make him happy, it made me miserable

Don't be humiliated! You were interested, you gave it a shot, that is courageous! No harm done! It's not a crime to like someone and try!

Thank you for the assurance haha, but I think everyone else is right. Now I need to chill and back off

Really sucks

First guy I had any interest in for a while since my ex, and we broke up a while ago now

I think it is really weird that he wanted to drag another person with him to your date. Sounds like he was trying to set up a blind date for his friend. I would ask him further about that if you ever talk to him again. Anyway, when you find that you are doing the heavy lifting, just stop it. I would play it cool right now.:eek: chi

Archived