Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hes younger than me but is he interested?

Hes younger than me but is he interested?

Hi all

Im so confused and distracted by this situation

I have a huge crush on this guy at my gym (he also goes to my university), but hes four years younger than me
    He always says hi, is really cute and funny

There was a party last Friday and I always noticed he happened to be near me or when I went to sit outside with my girls he would end up there too

So I went up to him in gym and asked him for a coffee, he said sure so i told him to text me when hes done with his exams

So he did just that
    Except we both had to cancel because he got busy with family and I had a dentist appointment

He rescheduled the following day but wanted to bring his cousin and told me to bring a friend?
    I said no to this, because none of my girlfriends wanted to hang with his cousin 🙈
    Also who brings a third wheel to a coffee date?? It was supposed to be just a simple coffee date

And I didnt wanna go alone to see the both of them

Anyway I just got a little desperate this evening
    And messaged him saying heyyy whatre you up to at 12.30 pm...
    He hasnt replied, safe to assume hes gone to sleep

I need serious damage control and advice on how to recover from this situation and salvage myself

Or just change gyms lol

Im also so confused as to whether he likes me or not or just friendly

Stop texting him.

The next time you see him at the gym, make a joke about not having good timing for that coffee. Tell him to call you when he's not busy and then leave it in his hands. If he's interested, he'll contact you. If he doesn't contact you, stop trying.

Platinum Member
    Back off, girl!

Let him reach out to you. And, also ask you out.

It sounds like he is just not that into you. He likes the attention but at the end of the day he does not view you seriously. The most telling sign was asking to bring third parties in your coffee date. No guy who is seriously interested would do that. Imo, you need to stop chasing after him. Next time you see him on the gym, just smile and say hi as you would with any acquaintances, and move on. As for that party, that was random but your brain was focused on him and was trying to satisfy your wishful thinking/longing. Crushes can make you see what you wanting to see...

I don't think he's attracted to you either. There are plenty more fish in the sea. No need to lament. Dust yourself off and meet new people.

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Stop texting him.

The next time you see him at the gym, make a joke about not having good timing for that coffee. Tell him to call you when he's not busy and then leave it in his hands. If he's interested, he'll contact you. If he doesn't contact you, stop trying.
    Having a crush is one of the most dangerous things in the world haha ! This is so unlike me, I never message or think of anyone this much
    I think I'm really insecure too because of the age gap

I have to accept he's not into me

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I don't think he's attracted to you either. There are plenty more fish in the sea. No need to lament. Dust yourself off and meet new people.
    Very true and wise
    There's plenty of other people around

I mean there was a cute slightly older guy in the gym the other day and we were talking about ice hockey because it was on the TV and he continued to stare while I worked out but I paid no attention because the younger guy was also in the gym, why is it always the ones we want who are not interested

Time to play it really cool and back right off.

Is your intention to just be friends with him? Don't text strangers at weird hours.
    Originally Posted by SarahLove007
    I have been in a long distance relationship for 7 years, I have been loyal to the core to my boyfriend now fianc. I dont club, or go to bars or even have many guys friends .I never put myself in situations where I flirt or do anything to harm the sanctity of our relationship. However my fianc has never been emotionally or physically present, or available to my needs.

What do I even text back if he responds to my text that I sent last night????

Ah I'm changing my gym times to the afternoon, I might have to fight people for a space to work out but I'm so humiliated by myself now lol

Don't be humiliated! You were interested, you gave it a shot, that is courageous! No harm done! It's not a crime to like someone and try!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice