Feel like i’m losing interest in her but I still want to be with her

WDavis362

Met this girl about 2 months ago at college. We hit it off she is just like me in so many ways. We got along extremely well and hung out all the time. I started getting strong feelings for her. I wanted her with me everywhere I went. But the semester started ending and we both worried cuz we wouldn't see each other near as much over the summer. I was really worried about how much i’d miss her. But now it’s happened and i’m not missing her like I thought I would. I’m just not having feelings like I did before and I don't like it. She senses it too the problem is I do not want things to end. This girl is the bomb she’s so cool and fun to be around. And she’s a good girl down to Earth in the same way I am. I really want to build a relationship with this girl. I know of things end i’m going to wish they hadn’t really bad. I still really like her being around me all the time and I know i’d be jealous as hell if she was with someone else. But I can’t make the feelings happen. Idk what to do

So, when your college education ends are you willing to move to her home town or to the place she finds her career beginning? Is she willing to move to where you live or start your career?

I think college is a lousy place to start any kind of serious relationship unless one or the other is willing to move away from family and friends and more times than not, both people want to remain where they grew up.

Anyway, Not much you can do but just let things coast and see how things are once you're both back at school. In the meantime (you've only known her two months) just enjoy your summer and contact her when you can. If she finds someone new (or you do) then the relationship wasn't meant to be a lifetime one.

You’re probably right. Just been worrying about it. We just hung out last night and this morning but I just didn't feel as excited to see her as I have in the past. I haven't had a relationship like this in a long time so i’m hoping it’s just me not being used to getting past the newness of the relationship and not me losing interest. But I can’t help but worry

You’re probably right. Just been worrying about it. We just hung out last night and this morning but I just didn't feel as excited to see her as I have in the past. I haven't had a relationship like this in a long time so i’m hoping it’s just me not being used to getting past the newness of the relationship and not me losing interest. But I can’t help but worry

You have not been with her long enough to form much of a solid attachment and that is why you are feeling disassociated from the connection. You say you've seen her the past two weekends, maybe its time to skip a weekend and go out with your friends instead.

You're not dating exclusively so both of you can date others while you're home for the summer and then revisit things when you're back on campus. Stay on the radar but don't stay glued.

Met this girl about 2 months ago at college.I’m just not having feelings like I did before and I don't like it. She senses it too

Don't give up on her yet. Give your relationship time to grow. It's only been 2 months for goodness sake! Remain patient. Relationships aren't about fireworks all the time. Regarding feelings, when two people are in a relationship, it's not about sparks flying and infatuation 24 / 7. Be realistic. If you're compatible, then go with it and be grateful. Don't discard a relationship that has a chance to blossom otherwise you will regret it. Good partners are extremely difficult to find and it's like finding a needle in a haystack or winning the lotto. Never let a good one get away otherwise some other lucky fellow will swoop in and she will be spoken for. The grass is NOT greener on the other side. Hang onto something precious and priceless otherwise you'll kick yourself later.

Archived