Is it time for me to leave

Hey guys me and my girlfriend have been together for 15 months and things started off perfect, or it seemed. Early into our relationship she cheated and flirted with guys and was very sneaky. When I look at our pictures and see the dates I get discouraged, Because I know she was cheating on me during those times. Everything seems better until I visited my hometown for a week and she was mad because I was spending time with my family. She called me every name in the book and went on to tell me she never cared about me and brought up how she cheated soo many times that I was dumb. And when I returned I was soo fed up I didn’t want anything to do with her. Well now we’re back together but she still bashes me from time to time on SOCIAL MEDIA. And she does that because I don’t do everything she wants when she wants it (ex. I didn’t buy her the clothes she wanted because i didn’t have enough money, she went on Instagram saying she wish she had a righ n***a who could actually afford to provide for her) I give this girl everything I can!! If I can’t do it I’ll find a way eventually. I try to have a conversation about how I feel and what we both can do to make our relationship better but she always says,” some things need to be worked out in silence”. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever herd.I know my life would be much better if I would’ve left her when she broke my trust the first time, it’s just not that easy now. Can you guys give me tips and your HONEST opinion.

Son, a woman who asks you to buy her things in this way is not a respectable woman. Please take your self-respect out of the gutter and walk away from this relationship. No decent woman would ever treat a man this way and it's not acceptable.

The focus should be on you, not her. Focus on you, focus on your future and your life ahead of you. You should know that this behaviour is absolutely inexcusable and not acceptable at all.

This person should be no one's girlfriend, not right now the way that things are. Please gather yourself and start associating with better people.

Honest opinion....censored..... Polite advice - LEAVE. Today. Right now. Block delete and never ever look back.

Do not lie to yourself that now is not that easy to leave. You are involved with a low life who publicly humiliates you, uses you as an ATM, cheats on you (don't kid yourself, she did in the past and does now or will do shortly, like the minute she can find another doormat to triangulate and vie for her attention by buying things and, for fun, have you both compete against each other). When did you become such a doormat, OP? Come on dude, find some self respect. I don't care how well she humps you, there comes a point where your self respect is worth more than pleasing your lower half.

Look, you cannot keep projecting yourself and who you are on a disordered cheater, liar, and user. You give and expect what a normal person would do - that she will reciprocate. People like her do not do that. You give, they demand more from you and give nothing back, just tear you down more. They are like a human black hole. They'll milk you dry to the point where you no longer know who you are anymore. STOP the madness and get out. Run run run.

Son, a woman who asks you to buy her things in this way is not a respectable woman. Please take your self-respect out of the gutter and walk away from this relationship. No decent woman would ever treat a man this way and it's not acceptable.

The focus should be on you, not her. Focus on you, focus on your future and your life ahead of you. You should know that this behaviour is absolutely inexcusable and not acceptable at all.

This person should be no one's girlfriend, not right now the way that things are. Please gather yourself and start associating with better people.

I try to have a conversation about how I feel and what we both can do to make our relationship better but she always says,” some things need to be worked out in silence”. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever herd.

Pretty much the dumbest thing I have heard as well.

Pick your self-esteem up off the floor and kick this girl to the curb.

Run, run, as fast as you can - to the nearest exit. 'Providing for someone' is usually when one partner earns the money while the other works in other ways, e.g. around the house, raising kids etc etc, and is generally held to be part of an equal partnership. It doesn't mean pandering the to whims of a spoilt, entitled princess.

If you think breaking up with her will be hard now, just wait until years down the line when she's taken you for everything...

The other thing is that while you're involved with this woman, you're not free to find a partner who will love and respect you. She has no interest in meeting you half way to try and improve the relationship - because all she really wants to do is take, take, take and giving doesn't enter into it.

I somewhat took you guys, I gave her a ultimatum. The choice of us not being together or her actually taking my feelings and concerns to consideration. I went on to tell her a relationship is about both of us, not just her. Well she told me that I basically made the decision for her so we’re not together.

I will admit I was a little discouraged that she didn’t care but shortly after I felt a breath of relief. I actually feel free again. I just have to keep telling myself she’s the one who loses out not me. Thanks to everyone who replied! I just needed a little push. Again I do greatly appreciate the help everyone.

There will come a time when you look back at all this, and realise what a massive bullet you dodged. Don't be surprised, though, if she comes back and tries to rekindle the relationship... if this should happen, just stand your ground and don't give in. If you do, she will not have changed her old ways - and is likely to punish you, as well.

Archived