Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronic Stress, how to cope?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I'm dating sort of. That's stressful. Daughter stuff, stressful. Life is just stressful. How do you cope with stress? I can't cut out everything.

For the Love of God's Green Earth stop!!! Remember how you have bad judgement in men and being with Mom was sort of keeping you under control from dating -- and asked if you could handle living on your own and not dating? you already are falling into bad habits. If you continue down the trail, you will end up with mom again and she won't take you back again unless she is stupid. Rinse and repeat. Swear off men. Get to one year of not dating - no male friendships, zip = then go to year two, etc.

Keep focus on your mental health and your daughter and working - that's it!
    I agree.

Jetta, you wrote recently about financial struggles. You could afford the apartment, but barely, and you have nothing left over after rent and expenses. And you want to add a car payment? Plus, you would be required to carry full, comprehensive insurance. Can you afford that?

AND, you're trying to date?

Have you ever heard of delayed gratification?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Have you ever heard of delayed gratification?
    I guess the last guy who put her in bankruptcy wasn't warning enough.
    I remember being on the side of telling her not to get the apartment because she can't trust herself not to immediately look for another guy when she was out from under mom's nose. And here we are

Take outstanding care of your health. Eat write, drink water and exercise daily. Don't kill yourself with working out but don't remain sedentary either. Focusing on your health is a great stress reliever. Sound body, sound mind connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice