Being 24 and not having one girl interested in me is depressing.

Single1995

Wasted all my time on dating sites been on 3 dates in 5 years of trying. I have aspergers and tonight while at the mall I saw a pretty girl and she looked at me but gave me a dirty work. All of my life since High School was like this with women like they cant stand the sight of me.

There are any number of reasons she gave you a dirty look, one being that she didn't at all but you perceived it that way because you've got into a habit of expecting negative things.

Have the women you've dated known you have AS? It can take a lot of work for a neurotypical person and an AS person to sustain a successful relationship due to the many differences in how our respective brains work (I speak from experience). You may wish to look into joining AS groups (online or locally) or getting a book about AS and relationships. I didn't understand why my partner's eye contact was so bad or why he'd keep talking about one topic, for instance, until I realised it was AS.

It's important not to stare at women, it makes them uncomfortable. Sure take a glance and smile but then either move forward or start a conversation. "Creepy" is subjective but a guy who lurks around but isn't friendly in some way is generally thought of as creepy.

Wasted all my time on dating sites been on 3 dates in 5 years of trying. I have aspergers and tonight while at the mall I saw a pretty girl and she looked at me but gave me a dirty work. All of my life since High School was like this with women like they cant stand the sight of me.

I'd ask some of your friends if they see in your behavior what you could improve on. Things you might not be aware of that would be a turn off for women. Most of the time, cold hits on women don't work. You have to gradually get to know them. Try joining a co-ed sports team. Join a book discussion group. Join a bowling league. Volunteer at a zoo or museum or for Habitat for Humanity. Look at Meetup.com and see if there are any groups that meet up in your area that interests you. Good luck.

Archived