LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavily In Like with Silver Fox

Heavily In Like with Silver Fox

Have anyone ever asked you what you wanted in a partner? Chances are that you will run down a list of what you desire in the person you would like to be with.

Well, I met this guy who has every single trait that I have ever wanted in a man. He has traits that I didnít even know I would find desirable. I am 26, heís a silver fox and much older than me, but I donít care, in fact, a part of me likes that. I am completely lost in major like with him. He has been messaging me on Facebook for a few years, but the other day we decided to meet up for coffee. It was the first time I met him, his presence was so powerful. We have this odd mentor-student like relationship and he teaches me a lot of valuable lessons. Heís a well respected VP, heís a powerhouse mover and shaker with short tolerance for BS and for some reason that makes me both nervous and excited.

Truth is, heís so cool to me and I am not as interesting as I would like to be. I have aspirations of owning my own business. I am a powerful performer at work and I am an achiever and I think that might have been what attracted him to me in the first place (I am trying to offer more than just looks, those fade). Heís constantly out doing something productive, but I am so quiet and timid at times that I stay behind closed doors for the most part, I am trying to break that habit. He inspires me to become a better person. To push myself, to get back in the gym, to get more out of life. Heís busy living his life that I would like to be busy living mine. I am so worried that he will grow bored of me. I realize that I am no longer in this wild naturally sexy phase that I was in in my late teens early 20s. Now, I feel like I reverted back to being odd. I can dress sexy and look it, but Iím nervous to act that part. I am corny as all get out and can use some help on my jokes.. I live under a rock and I donít know too much about TV shows or pop culture references. Heís just everything Iíve been wanting in a man for years. Heís dominate, take charge and confident. A confident man wants his woman to be equally as confident, but Im not there.. And I am more nervous than anything that someone that I am into SO MUCH is talking to me every day. Any tips for a nervous timid girl dating an older man? Heís not trying to take advantage of me. Iím mature enough to know, Iím not gullible. Iíd like to keep him around and I am open to any advice I can get.

Platinum Member
    How old is he?

I don't know. He asked me and I told him, but he did not share with me. I didn't want to press.

How'd you two meet? I know you messaged on FB for a while, but how did that start?

I wanted to network with people in my city, so I friended all the CEOs, business owners, and marketers I could find. He has been messaging me for a couple of years, but my messages have been so flooded that I didn't pay attention to them. So one day, I decided to get organized and clear my messages out. We started back talking again and I became more responsive. The conversation was going well for about a week (no pauses) so he asked to meet me. And Littler, when I met him, I was so nervous and I didn't think the meet up went well, but then he messaged me that night and we text all throughout the night until we called it a night.

Platinum Member
    Are you sure he isn't married?

My advice: he's a successful businessman, which means he's a master at reading people and not being read himself. Remember the saying, "everybody poops?" Keep that in mind. He'll come across as less intimidating and you won't be disappointed when you learn more about him.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ConfusedLady21
    I don't know. He asked me and I told him, but he did not share with me. I didn't want to press.
    Honestly, you are already being played.

And you don't really want networking, you are looking for sex or a relationship.

Its a faux pas to ask a woman her age that you are meeting for the first time unless its relevant (you are discussing scholarships that have an age parameter, etc, but you can often skirt around it by asking what year she graduated from high school, or filling out legal forms together), or unless you have it on good authority that she is over the age of 95 and she is bragging about her longevity and you want to pile on another compliment. "whoa 100 years old - I thought you looked 70!"

He asked your age because he finds you childish/young/precocious - maybe trying to fish if you are legal or not a college student. He doesn't take you that seriously.

you say you are not gullible, but you say 'i can dress sexy" "i can pretend i am nervous" etc. Why do you feel you have to put on a show.

We talked about that. Now, he did mention that he was talking to a long distance girlfriend but that recently came to a halt once she revealed that she had an STD. That causes a whirlwind of emotion for him that night.. and so then he goes on to mention to me that he cannot offer me anything romantic. I was disappointed and then just told myself to enjoy the attention and the e-books and mentorship provided by him. But our relationship has been very heavily flirtatious and it's obvious that there's a mutual attraction.. a lot has happened since then

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ConfusedLady21
    We talked about that. Now, he did mention that he was talking to a long distance girlfriend but that recently came to a halt once she revealed that she had an STD. That causes a whirlwind of emotion for him that night.. and so then he goes on to mention to me that he cannot offer me anything romantic. I was disappointed and then just told myself to enjoy the attention and the e-books and mentorship provided by him. But our relationship has been very heavily flirtatious and it's obvious that there's a mutual attraction
    Girl........

you need to cut this out.
    If he talked to you about a girlfriend long distance, he knows you want his bod and you probably will allow him to take advantage of you.
    And even if not sexually, he doesn't take you seriously as a business person at all.
    You seem like someone who is flirting to network and it WILL blow up big time.
    This will backfire on you.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice