Post break up closure meet up - GIG Syndrome

Bro32

Met with my ex today! I was able to let her go and told her that it was for the best! She told me that she was sorry for stringing me along! She said she had realized how disconnected she was from me when she caught a spark with a guy one night! She said that she needed a guy who intellectually challenged her and took care of his health and body! Has anyone ever come back from the GIG syndrome?

Met with my ex today! I was able to let her go and told her that it was for the best! She told me that she was sorry for stringing me along! She said she had realized how disconnected she was from me when she caught a spark with a guy one night! She said that she needed a guy who intellectually challenged her and took care of his health and body! Has anyone ever come back from the GIG syndrome?

Yes :p I have never taken them back though... like, do I want someone in my life that left the relationship because they decided they would be happier with someone else? Or someone that chooses not to work through problems together and pulls away to the point that the relationship falls apart? Or someone that has no respect for me or courage to be honest about what they really want? No thank you. Maybe it's my ego talking but I have zero interest in being anyone's back up plan.

she had realized how disconnected she was from me when she caught a spark with a guy one night! She said that she needed a guy who intellectually challenged her and took care of his health and body! Has anyone ever come back from the GIG syndrome?

And. . you would want her back after saying such insensitive comments? She clearly dissed you, my friend.

If she really left because the grass looked greener, there are two outcomes.

1) The grass actually IS greener. No, she won't come back. You weren't what she was looking for, and this other guy is.

2) The grass isn't actually greener. She probably will come back. And you'll always know that she left because she thought something looked better. What's going to happen the next time something looks better?

Things look better than where we are all the time. Wouldn't you rather be with the person who sticks with you even when it's hard and other things look better?

"She said that she needed a guy who intellectually challenged her and took care of his health and body"

Eww. She probably loved meeting up with you again to get some more things she doesn't like about you off her chest, and make herself feel even better for breaking up with you.

It's possible she said hurtful comments to purposely get back at you, because you appear to be okay with the breakup (even though based on this post, I would say you are not). Is there any truth to her comments? Do you feel the two of you connected intellectually? Do you take care of yourself and maintain your physical body?

I only ask because the more truth in her statements, the less likely she is to regret ending the relationship. I agree with the other posters that her saying these comments to you was in bad taste, but I also think those are reasonable expectations for a partner. I don't think you should go changing every aspect of your life to try to win back a dead relationship, but maybe it could be a good time to implement some changes that make you feel good about yourself and help you attract other partners in the future.

LDRs rarely work out. She met someone else locally. She's been trying to end it for a while. Leave her and all her people alone. Simply delete and block her and all her people from your messaging apps and social media. This way, you can move forward and not waste time contemplating the wherefores and whys. Start dating locally.

She been working on finals in a different state and I’ve been working back home. The last time we spoke wasn’t good! She told me things that I did not want to hear and I told her never to contact me again.

I’m not! That was it!! I feel better knowing I was able to tell her in person that it was for the best! Deep down under the sadness I knew that this wasn’t going to work out so those are the words that came out of my mouth!

Archived