Meeting Ex for the first time in 2 weeks

njb32519

We broke up a week before our trip with her family to Greece. I was going to propose to her there, and ask her to move in with me. She never gave a clear explanation on why we broke up but I think it was because we were in a rut in our relationship. We only see each other on weekends. And had the same routine for months now ( been dating for 2 years). She misses her friends and I didn't make enough effort to want to do anything different. When she gets back I want to show her I have changed and have a plan for a lot of the issues that we had and that we can work to make this relationship better if she is willing; communication, lack of time with friends, my laziness, and possible let her know about my planned proposal to show I was committed.

I want to show her that I care about her concerns and feelings ( i didn't always take what she said seriously and would kid around while she talked to escape the seriousness). I know childish of me. I also want to show her that we can still be together and spend time with our friends, like going to see them together or meet every other weekend and have dinner a couple times a week. (also maybe mention moving in together). I want to also show that I have found myself again and in our time apart have really looked inside and found my motivation again. Motivation to take her on dates and actually try to win her love everyday not just go through the motions.

Depending on how this goes, I want to tell her about how I was going to propose but that I still have a back up plan that is probably better to show I'm committed to us. I also want to give her the ring and tell her something like," it hurts me to look at it but maybe if you have it you will see what could be and the love I have for you." because its true. I love her. What do you think?

Archived