I'm meeting Ex, its been 10 days since week broke up!

njb32519

Me and my Ex have been dating for 2 years. We are both 24. She wanted to break up because she wanted to figure out her life for herself. (A week before Me and her family were going to Greece, I was also going to propose to her.) She has job offers in other states and misses her friends. Our relationship had also gotten stale, i was lazy, depended on her love to keep me happy and was kind of just coasting through the relationship. I didn't argue at all. I told her i respect her decision, I love you and I hope you reconsider and told her to go to Greece with her family and friends and find yourself. five days without contacting her i told her I loved her and missed her. She said," I love you and miss you too but I need to figure things out for myself." I then told her that I would like to meet when she got back which is in another 7 days. She said that's fine. When we meet I want to show her that in this time apart I have focused on making myself better and that I want each of us to spend more time with our friends so I dont keep her from them, communicate better, and show her examples and proof. Depending on how this plays out If she is willing to give it another shot I want to tell her what my plan to propose was but that I still have a back up plan. If it doesn't go well I want to give her the ring because it causes me pain to look at it and maybe when she looks at it she will see love and reconsider?

Sell the ring. A woman thinks long and hard before breaking up after 2 years together. Instead of communicating with you so you could work on things together, she no longer cared enough and bailed. Or, maybe she did communicate what she wanted and you didn't come through after she gave you a chance. She stopped caring when she saw you didn't care enough to try.

She's going to be moving away. Some people are meant to be in your life for a season, not forever. Cherish the memories, learn from your mistakes, and move on. Go no contact for closure. Your fate lies with someone else in your future.

Its a cheap ring, because I couldn't find the one she liked. Was going to let her pick one out when she got back. She is not like most girls, we have a great bond. When she broke up with me its like she didn't want to. She cried for hours and asked why i was being so nice when she did it. How can I show her that its worth giving me another chance to be the man I was when we met? I believe she will understand if I know what to say.

She cried because she's not a robot and it's upsetting to hurt another person's feelings in this way. When a person breaks up, she knows it likely means forever and she's taking that risk. A person who really loves you doesn't take such a risk. The bond you felt was one sided, or your lazy behavior killed all the love she once had for you.

If the breakup was really your fault, 10 days isn't going to be enough for you to fix yourself, and even if it were, it's certainly not enough to proove to her that you have changed, because you have only changed for 10 days. I thought you said you were logical?

No, you have been hurt and are sad to lose something that was very special for you, so it is understandable that your so called logic has flown out of the window. There is nothing to be gained to meet after 10 days.

Look, did she tell you that you are lazy and ask you to make a bunch of changes, or say that she wasn't happy and give you chances to see if you could work together to fix things? If she hasn't been communicating with you these things, then maybe she just didn't want to work it out with you, and is ready to see what else is out there. It hurts, I've been there, but you are better off starting the hard work to move on yourself then try to convince someone to be with you who doesn't want to, and didn't try to work things out before they left.

Archived