Feeling better, maybe?

CallmeFAYE

I made a very confusing entry the last time.

In my first post, I shared about my ex boyfriend who, not even 2 weeks after we broke up, started dating again.

So I already stopped “stalking” or doing anything related to him. I told my friends to stop updating me about him as well since some of my friends are still connected with him on social media.

Recently, a friend of mine chatted me up asking about how I was doing. This friend of mine didn’t know that my ex and I already broke up. She learned from one of my closest girlfriends about the breakup since I only told very few close friends of mine about it. So she told me about this stuff she found out about my ex. Apparently she knew the new girl who happened to be in the extended social circle as her (my friend) bf’s circle. (My friend works as events coordinator and the new girl is a make up artist.) To cut the long story short, this new girl of my ex is also married and not even annulled yet from her previous marriage.

Upon learning this, I honestly felt better about myself. I’ve been struggling so hard to get past that messy incident and I think that everything is clear to me now. Clearer than before:

Maybe they understand that each other better. Maybe their circumstances make them (how do I put it in words) “compatible”. Whatever the situation they are in, I honestly should not care anymore. Right? I think that timing is really helping me cope up with the transition. I stopped asking questions right after knowing about him dating again and now, even when i didn’t ask for it, the answers are coming in.

Now, I became more convinced that it is best to continue moving forward and leave everything behind for good. Close all the chapters and just learn a great deal from it.

Yes, please move forward. Involuntarily, we may be upset or hurt by our exes and how they move on but you should keep telling yourself that it's over. Concerning yourself with his whereabouts or what he's doing is not healthy and you're sabotaging your ability to move on in a healthy way.

Your last post was very clear.

This one is the confusing one and I’m unsure of your intention for creating it?

A “friend” obviously not a close one since you didn’t tell her about your breakup but others did , messaged you to ask you how you are doing? Really? Why would she care? She’s not close enough for you to even tell her you went through a break up?

Last post you claimed to sleep soundly because you imagined he was not happy. Is that what you want for him?

This post, I have no idea what you are talking about but I’m guessing this friend is on team ex not team you! And possibly just gossiping.

Stop discussing things with people that you know but aren’t close friends with!

You have taken a giant step backwards in the grieving process.

Upon learning this, I honestly felt better about myself. I’ve been struggling so hard to get past that messy incident and I think that everything is clear to me now. Clearer than before:

Maybe they understand that each other better. Maybe their circumstances make them (how do I put it in words) “compatible”. Whatever the situation they are in, I honestly should not care anymore. Right? I think that timing is really helping me cope up with the transition. I stopped asking questions right after knowing about him dating again and now, even when i didn’t ask for it, the answers are coming in.

Now, I became more convinced that it is best to continue moving forward and leave everything behind for good. Close all the chapters and just learn a great deal from it.

That's great. It sounds like this information gave you a helpful perspective. Now, run with it and don't look back. Kindly tell this friend to stop updating you lest unwelcome answers knock you back off course.

Archived