Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An ex

Her and her ex had their time, but it seems clear to me that you guys aren't going to get yours if she cannot fully let him go. If everything is amazing except for one thing, then it's time for her to put that one thing FULLY in the past. Right now she's on a road where she lets an already failed relationship kill one that would otherwise be thriving. Have you looked at it that way? It is not controlling to want your full, fair chance at things.

How you proceed with your relationship is your call and yours alone, but you came looking for advice for a reason.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Confused1844
    We met in Feb 18 and I moved in March 18, a short time I know but I honestly love her and I don't want to end it but it's driving me mad even though she assures me she would never do anything but having these emotional chats with him isn't doing our relationship any good
    That is crazy. You didn't even know her.

Platinum Member
    She is still in love with her ex. You are a rebound. She is emotionally cheating on you.

Be more wise for the next time. Get to know people before making such a dramatic move. Meeting someone once is certainly not sufficient. Six months would have been a starting point.

I'm not sure what you mean, I knew her over a year and met her loads of times, talking every single day for hours, I did correct the times in a later post, it won't let me edit the original
    I know it seems crackers but I want it to work

Thanks likewater, I can see where you are coming from, maybe I need to call it and see what happens

For everyone who keeps getting this confused, they met in February 2018 and he just recently moved to her area in March of this year.

OP, it's a little confusing when you put the dates without the 20 before them. People don't read February 18 as February of 2018.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LikeWater
    For everyone who keeps getting this confused, they met in February 2018 and he just recently moved to her area in March of this year.

OP, it's a little confusing when you put the dates without the 20 before them. People don't read February 18 as February of 2018.
    Thanks. The timeline did not make any sense.

OP, she is not over the ex. You are a rebound.

I was hoping I wasn't as it was just under a year of them splitting up, I have some thinking to do.

Update, she just text me to say he has messaged asking for them to talk, he wants her advice on something

Platinum Member
    Dude, she is still emotionally tied to this guy.

Have the three of you hung out?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice