Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Just married. Did I make a mistake?

He lied to get on disability (committed fraud), lied to you about his work, expects you to support him, kept trying to break into your place and invade your space even after you told him no... I dont understand why you want to be in a relationship with someone like this.

If that's the case you can't allow people no less marry them to give you their disability checks to help you out with living expenses. You'll have to get a better paying job or part time work, if you want to "be alone" .
    Originally Posted by Mfawn
    How am I codependent? Im the one who wants to be alone.

Platinum Member
    How am I codependent? Im the one who wants to be alone.
    No, you don't really want to be alone. If you wanted to be alone, you'd.........be alone.

Figure out what is drawing you to stay with this loser. You are codependent with each other. There is something, possibly from deep in your past, that is keeping you tied to him. Once you figure that out, you'll have your answer.

A truly independent woman would have left him long ago. Look, I'm not pointing a finger at you, because I've been you. Trust me when I say, you have a codependent relationship with him, possibly trying to "save" him, probably/possibly because of something in your long-ago past.

I think even though it has been only a short time together, what do you like about him that you can see yourselves together?

It is never too late to try and work things out.

Platinum Member
    Id like to get an annulment but still be together, take a big step back but not end it 100% because I do deeply care for him and enjoy him but not like this. Not as a live in stay at home husband.
    So... Do it.

Sounds like you are not very compatible and you rushed into marriage. Tell him you feel you made a mistake and that you would like to remain together and see if things can build into what you feel is a healthy marriage... But currently it sounds like he's more of a teenager than a marriage ready man. You'll likely just grow to resent him completely if he doesn't get his together.

Platinum Member
    Ooops didn't realize this was an old ish thread...

8. 06-19-2019, 08:49 AM

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice