Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ex blocked my number and unfollowed my social media

I'll echo what others have said in that you've been done a favor, OP. The purpose behind going no contact is that it hurts every time you see, hear, or think of them, and that's normal. For example, every time you get a text from them, you'll be hurt if it's anything other than wanting to get back together. By cutting all ties, you reduce the number of sources that can hurt you.

As a general rule, one of the first things I do after a breakup is block on social media (if connected there). The purpose isn't so much I don't want them to see me (I have a pretty small social media footprint anyway), and more to remove my ability to "check on" them should I get tempted (which I will, which everyone will, and is again natural as part of the grieving process).

I know it hurts, bro. It really can feel like your whole life was blown up overnight, but in the long run it's better this way. Better than continual bickering and pain associated with knowing how/what they're doing and repeated lost hopes of reconciling. Keep your head high and work through all emotions as you feel them. It gets better!

I also denied her from a meet up because I’m sure she was just going to tell me where I went wrong and why she decided to end it. She said she had it all written down in her phone. Was I right to say no to her request? This was on the last day we spoke. She was like well you sound different from yesterday and that’s when I said have a nice life, don’t talk to me again and hung up. Deep down I wish I could have seen her one last time but I know I was just going to say something I’d regret tbh

Originally Posted by Bro32
    I also denied her from a meet up because I’m sure she was just going to tell me where I went wrong and why she decided to end it. She said she had it all written down in her phone. Was I right to say no to her request? This was on the last day we spoke. She was like well you sound different from yesterday and that’s when I said have a nice life, don’t talk to me again and hung up. Deep down I wish I could have seen her one last time but I know I was just going to say something I’d regret tbh
    Based on what I've read, IMO you were absolutely right to say no.

It just sucks that I couldn’t give her what she wanted. We were already looking at rings and had a big trip planned and paid for next month.

I wish I would have went into no contact when she said she wanted space but I’m sure the outcome would have been the same.

The worst pain is someone telling you it’s over and there’s nothing you can say or do about it. “It’s too late” “You had your chance”.

Relationships don't really end because "it's too late" or "you had your chance". They end because one person, or sometimes both, decided that you are not compatible for the long run after all. You've been together for 5 years. That's a very long time. When someone decides to end a long term relationship like that, they have been giving things a lot of thought and consideration. Weighing the pros and cons and how they feel and what they want and so on. You can't change or fix things, because there is nothing to fix.

At least she had the decency to end things instead of going off and cheating on you to scratch an itch.

If my would have just kept my mouth shut about the future maybe we would have held on longer 😭

She was seeing a counselor about her stress and depression. She mentioned telling him that she had lost love for me etc

Her friends, counselor, and mom probs told her to focus on herself and let me go

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice