Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband said him or the dogs

He's not much of a husband if he's willing to boot his wife and kids to the curb because of 6 dogs. Choose the dogs, and get a good divorce lawyer. I think the OP has sacrificed more than enough for this man.

Be happy with a pile of dogs then and let him go so he can find someone else.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Be happy with a pile of dogs then and let him go so he can find someone else.
    He is the one forcing a decision of dogs or him even though he bought one as a gift to her and took another in as a rescue.

This is not a ďpile of dogsĒ these are dogs she loves and has bonded with.
    Let him go? I absolutely agree with that. I wouldnít stay with someone with zero empathy.

Thanks to everyone actually reading and understanding the story that I just didnít bring dogs home and that I actually do value my husband

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Gotta agree with your husband here, that is a ridiculous amount of dogs.

You really do need to cut down to 2. Why did you get so out of hand in the first place with that many dogs?

I side with him, you're asking too much and the dogs need to go.
    Out of hand? Out of hand is people that have 10-15+ dogs running around and an absolutely disgusting home. Itís not like I acquired the dogs on my own! I have always had multiple and they are all well taken care of! And like I said I have not just gotten them on my own or behind anyoneís back. And again he came into the marriage knowing my compassion for animals and I had multiple dogs at that point! Iím not valuing animals over humans! I have sacrificed multiple times for him. And To just up and walk away 8 years later is a little odd to me. And again my dogs arenít little devils that just run around crazy as I am a dog trainer! My dogs can do more than most from retrieving mail, drinks ect. & holding long down stays. Most of the dogs we have had the majority of our marriage and are seniors in age! If I placed value in my animals over my family the decision wouldnít be so hard as I wouldnít care if he walked away bc I value my animals more!

Originally Posted by Kris2019
    Thanks to everyone actually reading and understanding the story that I just didnít bring dogs home and that I actually do value my husband
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    Her husband gifted her a dog only 3 years ago after she already had more than 2. And he brought another one in that he rescued.

Imo the husband is being unreasonable. He was ok with the dogs until he decided to move job. And the dogs no longer fit into his new lifestyle? So just get rid of them? Heartless to say the least.

OP I donít really know what to advise but I do find it a little odd that you would have pets when your living situation can change at any time based on your husbands work?

Our living situation isnít just supposed to change he chooses to keep changing it! I actually canít stand the place he chose to move to this time but supported him so he can have a job that he loves in the office! Not once did this choice include getting rid of animals until now after he took the job and changes his tune. The original deal was if we couldnít find a place for the horses i would be ok letting them go so he can make the move! He got down there and switched everything up!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Kris2019
    Out of hand? Out of hand is people that have 10-15+ dogs running around and an absolutely disgusting home. Itís not like I acquired the dogs on my own! I have always had multiple and they are all well taken care of! And like I said I have not just gotten them on my own or behind anyoneís back. And again he came into the marriage knowing my compassion for animals and I had multiple dogs at that point! Iím not valuing animals over humans! I have sacrificed multiple times for him. And To just up and walk away 8 years later is a little odd to me. And again my dogs arenít little devils that just run around crazy as I am a dog trainer! My dogs can do more than most from retrieving mail, drinks ect. & holding long down stays. Most of the dogs we have had the majority of our marriage and are seniors in age! If I placed value in my animals over my family the decision wouldnít be so hard as I wouldnít care if he walked away bc I value my animals more!
    I am so sorry that your husband is being so cold about this.
    He has said that he will willingly walk away from you and the kids if the dogs stay.
    That is HIM making a completely immoral choice.

Donít allow him or anyone on here make you feel bad just because you remain loyal to responsibilities that actually both you and your husband undertook.

If your husband leaves you AND the kids , he is the one choosing to do that!
    Iím so sorry that some people disregard your empathy for all beings, people and animals alike.
    You sound so lovely to me!

Platinum Member
    How was your marriage going prior to this ultimatum, OP?

I am reading this a bit differently, in that I don't think it's really about the dogs at all. I am wondering if your husband wants out of the marriage for other reasons, but chose to make it about the dogs because he knew you wouldn't willingly give them up - thus forcing your hand in a separation.

I would be very concerned about what is really behind all of this.

Originally Posted by Billie28
    I am so sorry that your husband is being so cold about this.
    He has said that he will willingly walk away from you and the kids if the dogs stay.
    That is HIM making a completely immoral choice.

Donít allow him or anyone on here make you feel bad just because you remain loyal to responsibilities that actually both you and your husband undertook.

If your husband leaves you AND the kids , he is the one choosing to do that!
    Iím so sorry that some people disregard your empathy for all beings, people and animals alike.
    You sound so lovely to me!
    Thank you! I donít feel bad bc I know I am doing everything to try and keep the family together except throwing dogs away! Anyone that knows me knows I absolutely love my family. I just wanted outsiders opinions bc we have mutual friends that I normally talk to about situations as they are our go to people however this guy is now his boss and doesnít want me asking him or his wife (our friends) for advice bc he says I am to leave his boss out of it. I told him I simply think itís bc he doesnít want me talking to them bc they would tell him what he is doing is absolutely ridiculous as they know the many things I have stayed and not walked away from in the course of our relationship as we have all been friends for a LONG time! We all went to school together and know each other well! Any compromise I come up with is shut down with I need to know if the dogs are gonna go that is the only thing I need to hear every thing is is irrelevant at this point.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    How was your marriage going prior to this ultimatum, OP?

I am reading this a bit differently, in that I don't think it's really about the dogs at all. I am wondering if your husband wants out of the marriage for other reasons, but chose to make it about the dogs because he knew you wouldn't willingly give them up - thus forcing your hand in a separation.

I would be very concerned about what is really behind all of this.
    I told him the same thing. He has slept around in the past and we worked through that. But since he has gotten to the new location and in the office with upitty ups he has seemed to change! He said he is doing this for the family and I donít believe that! I did ask him if he was just trying to get me to walk out! But right before this we were doing just fine with the occasional marital arguments. This isnít the first time he has threatened divorce if he didnít get his own way and turns things around on me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice