Children cousin

Last year I started talking to this guy here and their nothing really much in the talk just talk. This year the talk started to pick up. It was almost everyday. Then we started to hang out. I notice we started to have this attraction there but didn’t think it was gonna go anywhere. Then it happened we connected and slept together. Since then we just been together. We have this connection I can’t explain. We tired to break it off 2 times already and we feel horrible with out each other. I know it sounds like it shouldn’t be bad just be together. Well the problem is this...he is my older children cousin. I have no relation to him. I haven’t been a part of that family since eldest was 2. My children aren’t even close to their father side. So I’m not saying I want to end this. Im just trying to rationalize this. I’ve seen how cousin marry cousins or how Mother’s marry sons. He has no blood ties with me.

Mothers marry sons? That, IMO is crossing a line.

No body is related by blood so there would be nothing illegal in your romantic relationship and you have already crossed any blurred moral lines so if you don't see a problem starting with his relatives then why is this an issue for you?

How old are your older children and do they realize that he is their cousin from their father's side? Is their father still in their lives?

So he would be your nephew if you had been married to the father of your kids? Oh boy that makes things awkward for your kids. If it were your ex's cousin that may be one thing (honestly, i have never met most of my mom's cousins except for one who was an only child and was close to my mom - otherwise they were scattered across the country and if i ran into them we would not know eachother, my dad's cousins i know all of them), but not your nephew!!! its not illegal - you are not blood related but it causes issues for the kids.

Archived