Trying to figure out this situation.

So there’s this guy at work that I am interested in, and I was able to talk to him in the early morning. Which we had a pretty decent conversation. I was pretty bubbly and happy. Well fast forward to the afternoon I was feeling stressed at my job and was leaving the bathroom area, he shows up and he asked me how my day was going and all I could say was good, and walked out. I feel bad that I didn’t say more. I I wanted to elaborate but I physically couldn’t talk because I felt drained and tired and stressed out. Do you think I was being rude to him? I was just in a really funky kinda mood that day. Thanks for your help!

Don't do that. You're worrying too much over nothing. Everyone is allowed to have bad days. If he judges you harshly for it or thinks you're beneath him or whatever, that's just not cool (read: he's not a good catch). I don't think this is the case luckily because he seems like a considerate or caring person. He did ask you how you were. Next time you see him just explain you were having a tough day and didn't mean to sound hurried.

I am not quite sure but if you are feeling a bit insecure or worried about your bad day and how you may have handled the difficulties in general, nip that in the bud and go directly to your boss or solve the issue at work - make sure there's a solution or ensure that there's a follow up. Do not let it bleed out and create ripple effects of imaginary worries on your other relationships. Anxiety in general can be contagious and spread outwards into other areas of our lives even subconsciously.

Completely agree with Rose Mosse. You are reading too much into this and I'm suspecting that's what you usually do. Be yourself without caring what others think about you or your behavior. If a guy likes you but stops liking you just from one response, he didn't really like you in the first place and most importantly, would you want to start something with a guy who could get offended from one comment on one bad day of yours?

I use to do this all the time and I'm actively trying to stop it because the more you read into and analyse what others are thinking the more you ignore your needs and the more you are willing to compromise them.

Thank you,both for taking your time and responding. I really needed to hear that. I feel a lot better! I think a huge problem with me is that I am insecure and need to work on myself. Just need to figure out how! Because I feel like I’m a good person. Just extremely insecure and my personality is a bit introverted and a quiet type. I just want to be good enough for him!

Thank you,both for taking your time and responding. I really needed to hear that. I feel a lot better! I think a huge problem with me is that I am insecure and need to work on myself. Just need to figure out how! Because I feel like I’m a good person. Just extremely insecure and my personality is a bit introverted and a quiet type. I just want to be good enough for him!

It's great that you want to work on yourself. I strongly recommend therapy, always the best and fastest way out.

By saying that you want to be good enough for him, I hope you mean that that is your insecurity speaking and you are just acknowledging that. If not, that's how you get lost in another person, feeling even more insecure. You need to be good enough for YOU. Then you will be able to choose a person that will appreciate YOU, not just cover his emotional/physical needs and then just leave when he's had enough.

Don't place your happiness in the hands of another person. It's completely up to you. You ARE worthy.

Archived