LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update: How it turned out, OLD/LDR pt. 2

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    You're very welcome, but I don't think what I said was funny.

I was being serious FD including the part about your excuse making.

Based on your posts I've always thought you seemed like a very sweet girl, but a little bit naive, not an insult you just need more practice dating. And thats ok!, But whats not ok is to not learning anything because you're explaining away your actions...

This is what I mean, I would hope you wouldn't be heartbroken, he was words on a screen, but why was he an option? Because he was attractive? Lets say he wasn't married... he was still a man you couldnt get on the phone because of his schedule right? (well it probably was because his wife was there but lets pretend we still dont know that). You contemplated flying outside of the US to see a man you hadn't yet even confirmed was the same guy in his photos...before it was a man who simply spoke to you and gave you eye contact. I said in your last post you seem to be in love with the idea of being in love because it seems you get crushes and put the cart way before the horse, which that in itself isnt bad but it sure does have the potential to be. You have to look after yourself a bit more... stick to your boundaries, no more crossing them for a pretty face and sweet words.
    My “ haha” was in response to your dry “it’s kinda like well duh this happened..”

Maybe that’s my sick sense of humor :)

As I explained many times, I was not about to fly off to meet him sight unseen. There would have been protocols in place, including video calls and having him fly here.

My meaning I was glad to catch it before it got away on me and did real harm. And I think I have indicated that I’ve learned something in the process. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    But you were not "scorned". You never even met! You could not in any way be considered in a relationship with this man.

Let it go. It's nothing, really.
    You’re right, scorned isn’t the right word. I should have used ellipses on the Shakespeare quote.

I will let it go. I just feel annoyed.

It’s as much my own fault for being gullible!

Originally Posted by FirstDates
    My “ haha” was in response to your dry “it’s kinda like well duh this happened..”

Maybe that’s my sick sense of humor :)

As I explained many times, I was not about to fly off to meet him sight unseen. There would have been protocols in place, including video calls and having him fly here.

My meaning I was glad to catch it before it got away on me and did real harm. And I think I have indicated that I’ve learned something in the process. Time will tell.
    Ah, got it, no that makes sense, apologies.

I had more written but honestly, you don't seem too open to explore your actions quite yet so Im sure Im coming off as Im attacking you and thats not my intention, Im very glad this guy didnt get to trick you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice