Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shes sabotaging my job update

All of the above and more. You have documented in writing in your OP that you pulled her into a meeting room against her will, that you created an alias social media account in order to contact her, that you continue to pursue her despite her repeated attempts to dissuade you. I know this isn't the whole story as she clearly has a part in this push and pull. I am just saying that the evidence you present us is enough to get you charged and you will be very lucky if you don't get terminated from your position.

Regarding the title of your post, you need to take responsibility and own that it was you that sabotaged your job by dating not just one but two colleagues and allowing yourself to continue being obsessed with someone that was pretty clearly unstable. Get a good lawyer and as everyone else says... let this be a lesson to stop dating people you work with!!

Platinum Member
    You were a complete doormat. You should have never have gotten involved with this woman. And, you should have blocked and deleted her from you life, after the first incident (returning to her ex). She treated you sh*t throughout, and you started paying for her childcare. Shaking my head.

Bad judgement! No more dating in the workplace.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ninjabib
    One of the most draining posts in the 12 months i've been on here, im exhausted reading all that.
    I only got through half of that mess.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I only got through half of that mess.
    I stopped halfway and had to have a break and then came back and felt obliged to see it through! Just a total NO NO NO situation.

Platinum Member
    I stopped halfway and had to have a break and then came back and felt obliged to see it through! Just a total NO NO NO situation.
    You are stronger than me.

The horrific decisions some make. Crazy Time!

Silver Member
    Took me about 15 mins to come up with a reply as everything about it made me so angry i would have been banned if i didnt edit mutliple times.

OP I hope you learn from this really i do. I know you only meant well but you could find yourself in some trouble here. Hopefully she calms down and drops it but i doubt it.

Platinum Member
    Took me about 15 mins to come up with a reply as everything about it made me so angry i would have been banned if i didnt edit mutliple times.

OP I hope you learn from this really i do. I know you only meant well but you could find yourself in some trouble here. Hopefully she calms down and drops it but i doubt it.
    Sadly, he seems to thrive on this sort of drama. "Why would she say such hurtful things? What does she have to gain from it? Does she just want attention or validation that I still care or want her? What should I do?"
    I don't get it! He is concerned why she did what she did, yet his job and reputation are in jeopardy.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 05-16-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Platinum Member
    It was a mistake to allow Sam to have an emotional affair with you in the first place. When she was back with her ex, she said "i am not happy" and instead of encouraging her to go to counseling, dialing back contact/asking her not to contact you outside of work out of respect for her relationship you told her "you deserve to be happy" meaning to be with you. That is where the mess truly took a turn. to me, i would have started putting my resumes out there unless she would do so and leave her behind. your work environment is spoiled and i am sure it affects other coworkers and chances of promotion. You should never date someone who reports to you, anyhow.

I agree that you thrive on drama. She can tell you whatever she wants about Abbie's dad but the truth is she chose to stay with him. Its her deal after that point.

Please do not do this woman any more favors as far as pulling strings for her sick days and start shopping your resume around. This woman could end your career at the rate you are allowing her to be in her life. Do not let her confide in you ever again

Silver Member
    YEs thats something i forgot to mention you were doing her professional favour after favour OP that normal workers wouldnt get. People in your workplace must have an idea whats going on and you compromised your role to bend over backwards for someone who doesnt love you. You must be more careful and professional regardless.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Sadly, he seems to thrive on this sort of drama. "Why would she say such hurtful things? What does she have to gain from it? Does she just want attention or validation that I still care or want her? What should I do?"
    I don't get it! He is concerned why she did what she did, yet his job and reputation are in jeopardy.
    Spot on, stands out as you read it. He still cares on some level. WHY WHY WHY?!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice