Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Care

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    What are some of the things you do for self care?
    Many things depending on a number of factors, some is maintenance, some is restorative (even sometimes emergency type self care where all other things are put on hold until I feel safe/secure again). I may do these things alone or with company depending on my needs at the time.

Take a nap

Visit friends

Play badminton

Swim in local reservoir or river

Visit my favourite outdoor places (especially ones with water and birds), even just sitting in the garden listening to the goldfinches and watching the bullfinches

Eat my favourite nutritious foods, salmon, broccoli, eggs and hollandaise always makes me feel healthy, grapes and strawberries or greek yoghurt with fresh berries, honey and vanilla bean paste

People watch whilst enjoying a coffee at my local cafe

Meditate/Yoga

Listen to soothing and relaxing upbeat music, liquid drum and bass, bossa nova, ambient dubstep

Scramble/hike/mountaineer/wild camp

Do typical grooming in a particularly loving, soothing and self compassionate way, wash/brush hair, moisturise etc.

Play sudoku or solitaire

Window shop/visit gallery/book shop/museum

Watch old Disney or classic movies

Make a cup of earl grey tea from leaf, allowing myself to fully immerse in the process, it's only 10 minutes from the boiling to the brewing to the sipping but I feel very refreshed and restored after. Could do it with your favourite relaxing tea, camomile, peppermint, Jasmine with the buds, beautiful!

Have cuddles with loved ones

Look at the stars on clear nights

Essential oils in a vapouriser but scented candles would work well and provide a better atmosphere

Bubble bath

Things I used to do but no longer can, walk and cuddle dogs at the local rescue centre, bike ride, jog, go for a drive on country lanes

Hope you are ok xx

Bronze Member
    One aspect of self-care for me is the enjoyment of interacting with others. But I need some quiet time, too, to recharge my batteries - whether it's reflecting on life whilst drinking coffee, listening to music, reading a book, writing, taking a walk or whatever else.

Another aspect of self-care - the most important one for me - is learning to love others, being grateful as well as kind and simply appreciating the small things that life has to offer. That's IMHO the best way to re-energize and grow as a human being.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice