5 year relationship - Break up Advice - Post break up

Bro32

It’s been a week since we have last spoken. She been working on finals in a different state and I’ve been working back home. The last time we spoke wasn’t good! She told me things that I did not want to hear and I told her never to contact me again. We were supposed to meet up next week but I told her no. What should I do at this point? Now I’m contemplating on whether or not I handled that call correctly.

I’m 27 and she is 24. She still has 2 years of school left plus a 1 year internship after left to do. Of course I’m more than ready to get married. Over the last few months of long distance she slowly stopped loving me and eventually she was able to tell me in person and we broke it off. I miss her like crazy and wish I could have realized what I had when she was here and gave her more attention.

Mm...I told my ex not to contact me unless she wanted to get back together....so she stuck to that....

I did hear from her from time to time but it was never about reconciling....

I gotta agree with Melancholy^^.....If she really wants to try again she knows where to find you....There's not much more you can 'do' at this point...Any sort of trying to force the situaion will only make it worse....

Sorry for your loss....Stay Strong*

Carus*

Mm...I told my ex not to contact me unless she wanted to get back together....so she stuck to that....

I would tell her this ^^

I get that you are wondering about the nature of what she wants to say. If it were anything other than wanting a reconciliation then it would open a wound you are actively trying to heal.

Tell her this and then see if she still insists on talking

If she really wanted to talk to me she would reach out even if I said I didn’t want her to right? I mean she knows I really want her to I just said that because I was mad.

She won't, if you've directly told her not to, she will expect you to reach out to her. Did she say something mean or just something that you weren't ready hear? Why did you guys break up?

Archived