Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakup ridiculous

Breakup ridiculous

Hi,

Iím trying to get over a breakup. I feel dumb. It only lasted two months but I fell for him hard and he did too. We met at a facility for people who are disabled. I guess thatís why it wasnít so powerful. I feel dumb. I want to get over it. I feel so dumb that I have such intense feelings even though it only lasted two months.

Thank you and God bless,

Jnnfer

It doesn't matter how long it lasted, your feelings are real. Treat it as any other break up, you're not dumb! You're human, it's perfectly normal!

You'll eventually learn to get over it and move on. You just need to be patient (easier said than done, I know).

Thank you for replying back, Cope. I guess Iím not perfect when you say itís perfectly normal. I fall in love easily and donít get over people easily.

Littler,
    Yeah. Patience. Itís funny because he said I needed more patience, and it hurts. Iíll move on eventually and be patient. Life will go on. I predict 6 months from now.

Originally Posted by Jnnfer
    Thank you for replying back, Cope. I guess Iím not perfect when you say itís perfectly normal. I fall in love easily and donít get over people easily.
    I don't get it. It IS perfectly normal. Heck, most relationships I've broken up with lately were short term. Hurts like hell. Sometimes it feels worse than long term because you didn't get the chance to give it a shot and you're left with questions of what could it become etc.

Falling in love easily is a different story. Do you fall in love with anyone? Do you fall in love just because you want to be in love?

Edit to add: do you move fast in a relationship? That's not good, I'm not gonna say it scares people away, but you need to get to know the other person before you decide you really want to be with them

Oh, I see. Feelings are normal.

I donít fall in love with just anyone. Iím picky. I guess I do fall in love just to be in love.

I move very fast in relationships, the last two of my relationships were involving talks of marriage.

It probably does scare people away. It definitely scares me now. Iíd rather make sure heís a good person before dating him.

But back to feelings, I guess my biggest lesson is that feelings are feelings. Itís okay to feel my feelings :)

Jnnfer: If it makes you feel any better, you can try to analyze what went "wrong." Just understand that you may not find anything and even if you did, you'll be undertaking this analysis with the benefit for hindsight.

Originally Posted by Jnnfer
    Oh, I see. Feelings are normal.

I donít fall in love with just anyone. Iím picky. I guess I do fall in love just to be in love.

I move very fast in relationships, the last two of my relationships were involving talks of marriage.

It probably does scare people away. It definitely scares me now. Iíd rather make sure heís a good person before dating him.

But back to feelings, I guess my biggest lesson is that feelings are feelings. Itís okay to feel my feelings :)
    You don't need to rush things, especially talks about marriage. It's not fair, but it can really scare away people who would otherwise be worthwhile partners.

Sorry to hear this. Breakups suck. However make sure you are understanding the difference between intensity and intimacy. Try to reflect on that. Does this facility offer counselling or group support to help you overall as well as with setbacks and disappointments?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice