Hi,

I’m trying to get over a breakup. I feel dumb. It only lasted two months but I fell for him hard and he did too. We met at a facility for people who are disabled. I guess that’s why it wasn’t so powerful. I feel dumb. I want to get over it. I feel so dumb that I have such intense feelings even though it only lasted two months.

Thank you and God bless,

Jnnfer

Thank you for replying back, Cope. I guess I’m not perfect when you say it’s perfectly normal. I fall in love easily and don’t get over people easily.

I don't get it. It IS perfectly normal. Heck, most relationships I've broken up with lately were short term. Hurts like hell. Sometimes it feels worse than long term because you didn't get the chance to give it a shot and you're left with questions of what could it become etc.

Falling in love easily is a different story. Do you fall in love with anyone? Do you fall in love just because you want to be in love?

Edit to add: do you move fast in a relationship? That's not good, I'm not gonna say it scares people away, but you need to get to know the other person before you decide you really want to be with them

Oh, I see. Feelings are normal.

I don’t fall in love with just anyone. I’m picky. I guess I do fall in love just to be in love.

I move very fast in relationships, the last two of my relationships were involving talks of marriage.

It probably does scare people away. It definitely scares me now. I’d rather make sure he’s a good person before dating him.

But back to feelings, I guess my biggest lesson is that feelings are feelings. It’s okay to feel my feelings :)

Oh, I see. Feelings are normal.

I don’t fall in love with just anyone. I’m picky. I guess I do fall in love just to be in love.

I move very fast in relationships, the last two of my relationships were involving talks of marriage.

It probably does scare people away. It definitely scares me now. I’d rather make sure he’s a good person before dating him.

But back to feelings, I guess my biggest lesson is that feelings are feelings. It’s okay to feel my feelings :)

You don't need to rush things, especially talks about marriage. It's not fair, but it can really scare away people who would otherwise be worthwhile partners.

Sorry to hear this. Breakups suck. However make sure you are understanding the difference between intensity and intimacy. Try to reflect on that. Does this facility offer counselling or group support to help you overall as well as with setbacks and disappointments?

Your heartbreak is not ridiculous. Big hug! The prospect of new love can be very exciting and a time full of hope so when it doesn’t work out, it can be very disappointing. I’m sorry you are going through this. You are not alone. I will be praying for you this week, for your tender heart to start healing. I’m glad you reached out.

Archived