She left me for my best friend

We all three are working in an elite research institute. I and my girlfriend are working in one lab and my best friend is in another lab. He had a girlfriend. When he broke up with her, I and my girlfriend were helped him all the time and took care of him. I never suspect anything of this extent. I have complained to her many times for her ignorance in the public, but she said she is shy. Don't want to reveal. Later, soon after my best friend's break up, I saw the changes in her. She was avoiding me completely. I asked her directly. She started to scold me for my insecurity. I asked my friend as well. He was angry at me, for not trusting him. But, after a week, both confessed that they have feelings for each other. After that things have changed. They travel together, eat together. I'm just abandoned. Sometimes she texts me, lovingly, just like old days. But, not always. She's not even replying to my most of texts now. My best friend often comes to my lab to meet her. I'm trying to avoid them both. But, it's difficult for me, as we are colleagues. At least for the next three years. I don't want them back... just trying to survive the days. I was in depression for the last two months. Everyone asking, I can't tell anyone. She made me delete all her messages. Nobody knew about our relationship except him. Everyone else was suspecting and teasing because of our closeness. She even threatened me not to tell anyone about our physical relationship. Probably she wants to remain clean.

I bet money on it she was the reason why your friend broke up with his GF.....they were getting close right under your nose. And now you let her get off scott free?? She is a bit freaked out about the consequences of her actions so she butters you up with those sweet messages to prevent you from exposing her. I say bull crap. If I were in your shoes I would just let it all slowly leak out and let the office gossip take a hold. A) she is no longer your GF and B) he isn't your best friend anymore. Why should you sacrifice your sanity because she wants to hide how much of a true %$#@ she really is.

Tip: when someone insists keeping your relaitonship a secret, that's a big red flag.

Why do you have to stay at that lab for 3 years? Is it a grant or what?

Maybe find a different job that is not so Peyton Place?

I have to wait until I got my degree. Then, I'll leave this lab as soon as possible.

Why do you have to stay at that lab for 3 years? Is it a grant or what?

Maybe find a different job that is not so Peyton Place?

I have to wait until I got my degree. Then, I'll leave this lab as soon as possible.

Maybe approach the professor about switching labs? Three years seems a bit much for holding out.

Archived