LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex reached out after 3 weeks! Is this him trying or not

Ex reached out after 3 weeks! Is this him trying or not

To summarize the story, it was a very short relationship (approx 2 months). Even though short term, I started to really like him. Then one night he stood me up! I kept calling and texting an he was no where to be found. The very next day, the excuse was lame (said he fell asleep) so I gracefully broke up with him. I take my time very seriously and feel that we teach people how to treat us. It didnít seem to bother him when I broke up, as he simply just let it go and that was that.

I started moving on with my life and now after 3 weeks he has reached out. First he stated he has been wanting to reach out but wasnít sure how I would react, I basically responded normal and just said hi back. Then he offered to help me fix my car. I told him sure and that I could use the help. And this was this past week. Now I havenít heard anything since. Was this a ploy to get me to talk to him or is he really interested in entering my life again? What do I do?

I advise that you cut ties with this person, permanently. There is no mention of any apology or regret on his end as far as his past behavior, which suggests that he views "falling asleep" as an acceptable thing to do when he makes plans with other people. Unless you desire to be in a relationship with someone who believes blowing off other people isn't a problem and is something a person shouldn't feel sorry for, I'd steer clear of this guy.

When a person shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

This sounds like a case of, "fool me once, shame on you" -- "fool me twice, shame on me." Take him off his high horse, and respect yourself.

You can do much better...

Platinum Member
    He wanted to see if you were still into him. This was about his ego.

Block this creep. What you should have done the first time. Why would you even consider going out with him again? Value yourself more.

Platinum Member
    "I have officially erased this bozo from my life. At this point, I am no longer looking at it as 1 week no contact, it's just simply me moving on." This was your comment from a month ago. What happened?

He was just checking in to see if you're still interested. Continue with NC.

It can be confusing because you might still like him but if an ex doesn't make it crystal clear he is contacting you to get back together, don't engage. He's just testing the waters. I'm actually glad you broke up with him because he stood you up, good call. So now he texts you and doesn't even apologize? Nope. He just needed an ego stroke. If he really wants you back, he has to show it.

Gold Member
    Oh not the car thing again lol
    I told you in your previous thread that he wasnít ďprotectingĒ you by getting your car serviced. Some guys just enjoy that whereas many girls are glad to have someone do it for them.

Ask a relative , friend etc to help with your car. If you canít or canít be bothered to do it yourself.
    Stop playing the helpless female.

His message was simply seeing if youíd be up for a booty call one day.
    Your response was a yes.
    Expect to hear from him again.

In your last thread you said this ...

ďItís always better to be alone than to be a doormat.Ē

So why are choosing to be a doormat?????

It sounds like he was with someone else making excuses about falling asleep. When that didn't work out he contacted you. Don't waste more time on this guy. Don't get caught up in someone's on/off problems or flakiness or complete lack of respect for your time and feelings. Block and delete him.
    Originally Posted by Blossom314
    he stood me up! I kept calling and texting an he was no where to be found. The very next day, the excuse was lame (said he fell asleep)
    after 3 weeks he has reached out. Now I havenít heard anything since.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    "I have officially erased this bozo from my life. At this point, I am no longer looking at it as 1 week no contact, it's just simply me moving on." This was your comment from a month ago. What happened?
    I know Holly :( I did move on but when he texted me a mix of emotions came flooding through.

Originally Posted by Cope
    He was just checking in to see if you're still interested. Continue with NC.

It can be confusing because you might still like him but if an ex doesn't make it crystal clear he is contacting you to get back together, don't engage. He's just testing the waters. I'm actually glad you broke up with him because he stood you up, good call. So now he texts you and doesn't even apologize? Nope. He just needed an ego stroke. If he really wants you back, he has to show it.
    Thanks Cope! I agree, it's already been 4 days since our last interaction and nothing from him. I just thought he was playing it safe by taking it slow and not come rushing back into a relationship. I do believe people deserve a second chance, especially if the offense was not the unforgivable! But you are right! He will need to prove it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice