Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Good Horror movies

Seraphim

Haunting of Hill House went a direction I wasn't very happy with, but it's a well-produced show. And you'll at least enjoy the first half'ish of the series. If you're opposite me, you'll love the whole thing.

Liked the first Conjuring a lot. I've also got a man crush on Patrick Wilson. Would not recommend the sequels without being sufficiently gassed, but hey, you may enjoy them.

The Invitation was a decent one. For me, kind of on a similar vein as You're Next, just not as good. Still fun.

Hush is one I really liked even though there was a moment I genuinely hated the protagonist.

My biggest recommendation would be Insidious. No spoilers, but the final act goes a bit off the wall. Normally something that would kill a film for me, but the first 2/3 of it is some of the best modern horror I've seen, and it ultimately ends well enough.

I might be going against the grain, but I was not a fan of Bird Box. The plot splits between two different arcs, one of which I had literally zero interest in and which involved pretty bad child actors. Not a knock on the kids as, well, they're kids. Just that it's ultimately the director's responsibility to make sure you can run with a pretty child-heavy dynamic, and the director definitely didn't stick that landing with her choices. Didn't work for me on top of a couple other plot devices I wasn't a fan of.

Haunting of Hill House went a direction I wasn't very happy with, but it's a well-produced show. And you'll at least enjoy the first half'ish of the series. If you're opposite me, you'll love the whole thing.

Liked the first Conjuring a lot. I've also got a man crush on Patrick Wilson. Would not recommend the sequels without being sufficiently gassed, but hey, you may enjoy them.

The Invitation was a decent one. For me, kind of on a similar vein as You're Next, just not as good. Still fun.

Hush is one I really liked even though there was a moment I genuinely hated the protagonist.

My biggest recommendation would be Insidious. No spoilers, but the final act goes a bit off the wall. Normally something that would kill a film for me, but the first 2/3 of it is some of the best modern horror I've seen, and it ultimately ends well enough.

I might be going against the grain, but I was not a fan of Bird Box. The plot splits between two different arcs, one of which I had literally zero interest in and which involved pretty bad child actors. Not a knock on the kids as, well, they're kids. Just that it's ultimately the director's responsibility to make sure you can run with a pretty child-heavy dynamic, and the director definitely didn't stick that landing with her choices. Didn't work for me on top of a couple other plot devices I wasn't a fan of.

The first two Insidious were definitely good. I did like the Conjuring Series, probably the first the best.

Archived