Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He said I had my chance

I had asked him why he still invited me to the SD trip or why he didnít say from the start. But he says he did nothing wrong that I had my chance & it doesnít feel the same anymore. He seems to not care about whatever I say anymore so I feel as if he did it maybe to just get back at me.. it really sucks but I have no other choice but to move on I guess. Thank you all for your comments I appreciate it. 🙏

Originally Posted by MarielaAvila
    I had asked him why he still invited me to the SD trip or why he didnít say from the start. But he says he did nothing wrong that I had my chance & it doesnít feel the same anymore. He seems to not care about whatever I say anymore so I feel as if he did it maybe to just get back at me.. it really sucks but I have no other choice but to move on I guess. Thank you all for your comments I appreciate it. 🙏
    Ah, I'm sorry it turned out this way, but you dodged a bullet! You'll get over this too!

Gold Member
    So I told him we should remain friend he then blocked me ...
    This was the most appropriate thing for him to do, seeing as you decided to break it off.

I was concerned cos he ghosted me for like 3 days he ghosted me,
    3 days break in communication is not ghosting. maybe he was just busy.

I asked him why he had been acting different w/ me he said I had my chance... is there any chance heíll come back? I hope so. Or did I really blow it. 😓
    No one here can say, but try some direct communication. Tell him you know you blew it, you are sorry, and if he rethinks things to give you a call.

Then leave him alone for a while.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Cope
    Do you really want a guy that dumped you [REFUSED TO REVISIT AFTER BEING DUMPED BY OP] because he couldn't get over the fact that you broke up with [i.e. DUMPED] him?
    Slightly different wording suggested but to the same effect.

That was what I was thinking - whether intentionally or not, Mr Ex has turned the dumping on its head here, and got the power back.

Perhaps the mods should sticky this topic. It seems to be an excellent example of how saying no to a dumper's proffered friendship, and going no contact, is a good idea on several levels.

Unfortunately when you broke up with him, he saw it as an opportunity to turn this into a more casual, fwb type situation. It would be best after dating only a few mos to reconsider this and end things. He does not want to maintain a relationship type of connection.
    he invited me to San Diego! We had a blast but as we came back from our trip he started being super distant. He then asked me to hangout, it went great until 2 days after he ghosted me again & he didnít say anything until a week later I asked him why he had been acting different w/ me he said I had my chance but I decided to cut him off.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Oceane1990
    It's quite surprising how most of the people in this forum try to give advice to end things rather than trying to make things work!
    Maybe the guy is oversensitive & really got hurt the first time you left him... & in the meanwhile he has started dating somebody else, maybe.
    Try to do something to make him understand how much he means to you & also prove him that you're really sorry! Try several times, then if it doesn't work then move on
    This isnít marriage we are talking about!
    Itís a 12 week ďrelationshipĒ that was on / off but mostly off.

People date to see if there is compatibility for a long term relationship. And communication is a major part of that.
    Within the honeymoon phase, if there are serious communication issues , then a long term relationship is not possible.

There should not be any effort required in the honeymoon phase.
    The effort comes after that .

Luckily for the op , the guy in question realises that!

Silver Member
    He's done nothing wrong OP. You dumped him, he decided he wanted to stay out. That is all there is to this. Try and learn from this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice