Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice needed please.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by kindred1990
    She refused to work and didnt want to help support pur children financially.
    It is good you got out. How is she with the kids?

They prefer to be with my family or i. She just keeps giving us crap because she knows the kids are the only thing keeping her valid in my life.

It sounds like you are trying to make the best of a very bad situation.

In this case I would definitely take your lawyer with you to court. It shouldn't be necessary since it appears she is neglecting the children and ignoring court orders but family court is full of people getting screwed.

I think you should ask for full custody (physical and legal) and offer that she gets visitation every other weekend with her picking them up from your house (or designated location in your town) Friday after school and you picking them up Sunday evening at 6pm. Explain it is in the best interest of the children to be in a healthy environment. Chances are she will not show up most times to get the kids so you will have them most of the time.

When you see the judge talk about what is best for the children not you. Be humble and flexible with solutions that don't look like you are just trying to avoid spending money. It sucks having to keep going back to court but hang in there and keep trying, sooner or later the judge has to do the right thing.

Lost

Thank u very much, I'll do that and keep the topic on whats good for them an I'll take my lawyer with me. Appreciate the help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice