Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we talk about illnesses and mortality?

Platinum Member
    I know exactly how you feel! Iíve had my fair share of health problems as of late due to my weight being the cause. All the excess fat Iím carrying has put pressure on my back causing osteoarthritis in my spine. Itís made me have all health issues the doctors told me that if I lose the weight can be reversed.

I think you have to get into the mindset of living the best you can in the day youíre given. Itís a reality we are all going to die but if you dwell on dying then youíll never live!

Take today and change something small about your weight loss journey. I joined Weight Watchers recently and I find counting all my points to be helping. You could go for a walk or put in some exercise dvd or buy light weights. It all adds up and before you know it a year goes by and youíve lost a lot of weight!

Itís never too late to reverse and get healthy.

My brother was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a year ago and has lost 85 pounds! He reversed the diabetes.

He just started very small and set realistic goals.

You got this!

1. Read the book "The Secret" because you need to start putting out more positive vibes to the universe.
    2. When you have a sugar craving, eat a dill pickle. More times than not, your craving for something sweet will dissipate.
    3. Ask your family doctor to refer you to a clinical dietician so that you relearn how to eat healthy and control portions.

When you are feeling tip top, your fears of becoming ill won't be such an issue for you.

Get that book!

Thank you all for the tips, tricks, and general good advice. A lot of it have done in the past with varying degrees of success.

I have been on weight management medications and they made me feel like I was having a heart attack. I was afraid to exercise because my resting heart rate was so high. I was on them for 4 months before I told my doctor that I needed to be taken off of them. I did lose weight with them, but as soon as the withdrawal symptoms faded, my cravings came back. I won't try try those medications again.

I think my current struggle is that I am quite active, as I am on a ladies sports team, and I don't know how to manage what my body needs in order to keep up my energy and strength and also lose weight. I drink a ton of water already (at least 64 oz per day). I went to a nutritionist a couple months ago and he automatically assumed I was diabetic or pre-diabetic, and placed me on a diet associated with that. I'm not in fact diabetic, as my lab results show (taken 6 months ago). I need someone to sit down and help me plan my meals for each day based on what physical activities I have going on that day. I can do it alone, and have done it alone, but most times I'm just starving at several times throughout the day. So obviously I'm not doing it right.

I like the suggestion about eating a dill pickle when I'm craving something sweet. I love pickles!

I am a genuinely happy and positive person, honestly. I do, of course, have moments of negativity, as does anyone, but the past year I've made a colossal attempt to be more positive, and I think I am. But I do have that "impending doom" fear that lingers, especially when I think about my health and the health problems I've been facing the last few years.

I havenít read through all the comments, but maybe you find this a bit helpful when it comes to sugar cravings. I usually make a batch of sugar free muffins (with banana, egg, some sugar free apple sauce, almond flour and some fat) and give those to my toddler as a snack or anytime she wants ďcakeĒ. I donít want her to have a lot of sugar if I can avoid it and Iíve also found they help my cravings. A dash of honey or maple syrup make them sweet enough and feel like a delicious treat minus the bad stuff you get from store bought cakes. A few chocolate chips if youíre a chocolate lover... You can freeze them and pop it in the microwave for a quick treat. I donít have weight issues but Iím trying to eat healthy and Iíve found that depriving myself of a specific thing only lasts for a few weeks until my willpower leaves me. This has helped though.

Platinum Member
    Why not check out Weight Watchers. it is a lifestyle, not a diet.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by WithLove
    I wish there was a pill I could take or a procedure I could have done that eliminates that craving from my brain.
    Doing more of the same will just create new problems.
    You already "take" sugar to fix something.

Over a year slowly reduce "excessive" sugar from your diet.

Stop watching most tv and mute all commercials.

The South Beach Diet is what my physician prescribed for me, years ago. Have you tried it? The books provide ideas for breakfast lunch and dinner, its not a fad, it will break your sugar habit.

Its not a diet, per se. Its a way of eating.

When you want sugar, try for protein instead. One alternative for example is low fat ricotta cheese mixed with cocoa powder for a dessert.
    Last edited by IAmFCA; 05-14-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice