LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He broke my heart twice

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    It isn't your role to help him find his way in life after the man has dumped you - twice.

He knows he can't string you along in the hopes that he will feel something he just no longer does. It's hurtful, yes, but he did the right thing ending it if he knows he can't get on the same page with you.

This man isn't the one for you. He already knows this. It will take time for you to accept, so be patient and kind with yourself as you heal.
    I agree with this.

I’m also curious what you mean by you ‘lost’ yourself? I have a feeling there’s a huge nugget of info there so please expand.

Also curious what you consider ‘working on yourself’ Do you mean you got a job and saw a counselor or Dr. about your depression or did you start feeling better because of the ego boost he gave you by chasing you after turning you into a booty call post breakup.

I’m not asking to be condescending, I’m asking because I think it matters where your head is at with the words you are using. To me it sounds like your relationship devolved into a game of Cat and mouse and once you ran he chased but once he caught you, he was kinda apathetic.

So I really do hope you come back to clarify

Time to stop putting yourself on hold and missing out on some prime dating time on someone who you are basically addicted to. Time for zero contact, cold turkey withdrawl from him so that you can get yourself in the right mind-frame to date and be happy for the attention that good men will give you.

Will it be easy to block and delete him? Yes but its something you have to do because you will never overcome your addiction if you keep allowing him t inject himself into your life through contact when it suits him.

There is a good man out there who is mentally healthy and he's waiting to meet you. Do the work you need to do to accept that your ex is not the man you are meant to spend the rest of your life with so that you'll be open to meet the man who is.

He's not capable of having a sustained healthy relationship. Focus on your own life. Your career, finances, your own physical and mental health. You can't squeeze blood out of a stone. It's not about you, he simply is not ready willing or able to give you what you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice