Mother's Day Gift for Ex

I'd consider it appropriate regardless of the child's age. I would think it would go a long way toward amicably co-parenting if you're essentially just expressing that you respect and appreciate them as your child's parent. I don't think anyone would suggest roses or a spa trip or anything, but an innocent card with a handwritten and completely non-suggestive note expressing said appreciation would serve just fine, in my opinion.

Of course. Letting the child choose a card is wonderful. Gift ideas? In my town, there's a pottery place where kids can choose something to make and paint. Buy a couple of gourmet cupcakes for the child and his mother to share. Have the child choose a small potted plant. Take a photo of the child holding a paper heart saying "I love you, Mom" and frame it.

Is it appropriate to get a mother's day gift for an ex wife from your child that is the mother of your children? Particularly if they are still yet too young to get one themselves?

If so, what do you get?

Absolutely. I like the ideas I have heard so far... get the child involved and let them choose what to get.

Personally speaking, as a mom the things I appreciate the most are the stories, poems and pictures that my kids made for me over the years, especially now that they are grown up. I still have most of them stored away.

Is it appropriate to get a mother's day gift for an ex wife from your child that is the mother of your children? Particularly if they are still yet too young to get one themselves?

If so, what do you get?

Yes, and get your child involved in the process of course. It shows good manners and example for your kid

Not sure how old your child is, but a hand made card, photo frames of the two of them, flowers.... you dont want to get jewelry or anything too extravagant

Since ya'll gave the go ahead. This is my last night with kiddo this week with her as her Mom will have her Friday through Sunday, so I will go buy a "craft" during lunch.

I've got an idea now. Oven mitt with kid's hand print on it and a handmade card that says:

"I grip your hand so I don't fall

But one day I will be big and tall

Here is a reminder I was once this small

Even when I'm grown and gone away

This helping hand is here to stay

Happy Mother's Day."

Obviously I will have to be the one to actually write the card, and then just let her draw and scribble on the cover or whatever.

Combined a few different ideas from pinterest. This should do.

Since ya'll gave the go ahead. This is my last night with kiddo this week with her as her Mom will have her Friday through Sunday, so I will go buy a "craft" during lunch.

I've got an idea now. Oven mitt with kid's hand print on it and a handmade card that says:

Happy Mother's Day."

Obviously I will have to be the one to actually write the card, and then just let her draw and scribble on the cover or whatever.

That sounds wonderful!

Happy Mother's Day."

Awwwwwww [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] such a lovely thought!

Absolutely.

Handmade crafts are very appreciated. I'm not a fan of flowers because they just die. Handwritten MD card is nice, too. I treasure those from my sons forever.

I've never cared for giving flowers, always felt too impersonal. Go to the store, hand them $20-$70 and deliver it home. No real thought needed.

Wife complained about that one time that she didn't get them often enough, so I started buying them anyway. Always got her other "random" gifts usually pertaining to her hobbies and interests.

Archived