Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

yun

I'm trying to eat healthier and lose weight, but my school doesn't exactly provide very healthy foods. They usually serve pizza, cup noodles, or a "specialty" that changes throughout the week (usually burger or tacos). I can't bring food from home, since all the leftovers always go to my parents' lunches. Should I just skip lunch every school day to avoid eating the unhealthy foods they serve?

I can't bring food from home, since all the leftovers always go to my parents' lunches.

You can try making healthy sandwiches and having cut fruits or on weekends do a cook up of recipes, and divide them into portions and take them each day. You don't need to just stick to the leftovers. Get creative. Use your imagination and make your lunch each day, but don't skip lunch, it's an unhealthy thing to do and actually counter-productice to losing weight. By providing your body with more healthy fuel (and combined with excercise), you'll help speed up your metabolism, which will allow you to burn more fat. Don't try to lose weight as the goal, try to burn fat as the focus.

Also, if you start with excercise in the morning, it actually helps motivate you to stick to and maintain a healthy lifestyle through the day. I often only crave healthy food after a workout and I also become inspired not to undo the hard work just done by eating unhealthy after putting effort in to get fit. So, have a go at that.

Make and bring your own lunch. Research and learn about nutrition.

Get to a doctor/therapist before you veer off into an eating and body image disorder.

We all have a couple flaws here and there that we wish we could fix (e.g. crooked tooth, voice too loud??, etc), but my insecurities (I worry about my overall body shape,, mainly the thighs) have begun creating setbacks in my everyday life. Now I feel like I'm too fat to wear shorts/skirts or go outside or hang out with my skinny friends, and looking into the mirror always leaves me feeling depressed. I've felt this way for a long time (maybe 2 or 3 years now?), my friends and family just think that I'm on a temporary diet, but it is much worse than that in reality. I want to be confident again, and be able to wear shorts, skirts, skinny jeans, and all those stylish clothes without a care in the world. I want to be happy again, like I once was before my insecurities developed, but I don't know how to be. Please help//

Buy your own food at home and make your lunches from that healthful food you buy. My son stopped eating school lunch this year because he says it's gross and I give him some of the food I eat but I also buy him specific school lunch food for sandwiches when I do the shopping. It's not hard to do and doesn't need to be expensive either. For my son we vary between turkey, cheese, various nut butters, and I also give him nuts and raisins and granola as a snack. Sometimes carrots and today cherry tomatoes.

Archived