Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ex-girlfriend wants to get back together, but I am in a new relationship

Thank you all for your support in my decision. I do not plan on having any further dialog with her about this and do plan on leaving the past in the past. I originally had a long e-mail response written to her, full of resentment at how unfair she was being. In the end, I just sent something a couple lines long. Saying that I did not want to debate or fight with her, but that I was sorry that she felt the way she did, that it wasn't how I felt, and wished her all the best. And that was it. My current gf and I might not work out, but at least I know, if we don't, it's because of issues we had, not because I still hanging on to this relationship with my ex.

Happy to hear this.

I can't help but think that in just writing that long email, and feeling all those anxious thoughts swirling, that you knew what path to take—and that maybe this was what was needed to close the door on that chapter, for real, and start living fully in the present.

Platinum Member
    My ex cheated on me constantly during our relationship. He then dumped me for one of the women he had cheated on me with. Then he had the nerve to accuse me of never really loving him because I had moved on and wasn't sitting at home wailing and sobbing and pining over him.

These people are something else. I wouldn't consider for even a split second taking him back.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice