LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So lonely I could die

Originally Posted by Anonymousc
    Iíd been with him since I was 15 years old, I really donít know my identity or interests other than being a mother. I guess I need to figure that out somehow
    OP itís understandable why you feel lonely... being with someone for that long and from such a young age means it will be really hard to separate yourself... that said you are still young (yes you are!) in the prime of your life and I can tell you that being single in my 40s, while weird and lonely, was also empowering and eye opening. You have a big chunk of life ahead... you can do anything you want now... just pull out that bucket list and start checking things off.

I need to figure out what hobbies I have- mostly I just do what he or the kids wanted to do. I have 2 kids in college and 1 finishing up middle school, so they still keep me busy but I sometimes feel like I need to be something besides just mom. I work full time too but itís fast paced so not a lot of time to chat with others. Guess I just need to get out there and try some new things to see what I like

Gold Member
    Are you close to any people at work? Perhaps you can try to suggest coffee or lunch. You have to take the initiative when you are ready. You are busy so I would suggest starting a hobby at home, like scrapbooking. There are also Meetup groups which offer scrapbooking, cardmaking, etc Look at [Register to see the link] There are so many ideas; very inspirational. I'm sure you have lots of photos. I imagine that there's a craft store near you. If you are unfamiliar with such stores, there is Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Michaels Arts and Crafts. Give it a try! You might be surprised at how therapeutic it can be.

I used to scrapbook a lot when my older 2 were little and I loved it, maybe I should try to get back I to it.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Anonymousc
    I used to scrapbook a lot when my older 2 were little and I loved it, maybe I should try to get back I to it.
    Yes, you should give it a go! You can do it in the comfort of your home, and when you want. There are so many new products out there, and I find various tutorials so helpful and fun to look at. I forgot to mention that listening to some upbeat music is also wonderful. I listen to it on my computer while I'm making my cards. Hey, why not listen to music while scrapping, right? Sending you hugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice