Confused

VonyaArbee

Hello, so I like a guy and on my Instagram story I posted a sticker saying "Tell me something I don't know" and the guy I like said "I think you know, but you're very cool." And then a few days ago I posted on my story saying "I just want to be somebody's somebody" and he said "Just be careful vonya. Boys can be heart breaking. And I'd never want to see your heart broken" I replied and said "You're so sweet, thank you so much, I appreciate it" Then he responded and said "You're welcome, just be careful on who you give your heart to." Is he trying to give me hints? How would you interpret this?

Do you know him in person? Is this someone where the possibility of dating exists? It sounds like he's flirting a bit. What type of things do you post on his social media?

I like a guy and on my Instagram story I posted a sticker saying "Tell me something I don't know" and the guy I like said "I think you know, but you're very cool."

Yes I know him in person, we talk here and there but nothing really serious. He posts on his social media saying "Tap in" (meaning talk to him) he's the type of person that's really nice and caring so I'm not sure if he's being nice or flirting

Well, I'd interpret this as the way teenagers communicate—through vague little pokes that are kind of exciting for the same reason they're frustrating: no one, not even teenagers, really knows what they mean. You're using Instagram stories to poke into the world, essentially asking it to poke back at you. He's obliging. And that's that.

As for his intentions, who knows? Could be the same as yours, which sounds a little bit like doing something to be a little less bored. Could be that he likes you and is flirting. Could be that he thinks you're super hot and is asking permission, in a sideways manner, to break your heart a bit by being, you know, exactly the sort of boy he's warning you about.

What do you want from him? Do you like like him?

That makes a lot of sense, thank you so much for that. I would like to have a relationship with him. And yes, I really, really like him. I've liked him since 2017 and I told him that in August 2018 but not even a week later he started dating his best friend. I also asked him if he liked me in August and he said "I like you as a friend. But I do love the way you carry yourself" now he's single and we've been talking more and he says this

If he hasn't asked you out, you can assume he is not interest or available and simply being friendly. Try getting on dating apps to start messaging and meeting single men ready, willing and able to date you.

Yes I know him in person, we talk here and there but nothing really serious.he's the type of person that's really nice and caring so I'm not sure if he's being nice or flirting

Archived