LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whelp, it's over.

Whelp, it's over.

I ended my nearly 4 year relationship recently. It was absolutely the right thing to do and while I felt some sadness, my overwhelming emotion was one of relief. I can only hope that he goes and finds someone who can make him really happy, will want to marry him, etc. It's just not me. I need to do what's right for me and follow my own path. There's a reason why I couldn't get my mind around marrying him. I just didn't want that for myself and I want, no-NEED, to live life on my own terms.

It's good to see you all again. Maybe I should try being more active again here. I've missed it.

Platinum Member
    Welcome back, Fudgie! (But sorry about the circumstances).

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I ended my nearly 4 year relationship recently. It was absolutely the right thing to do and while I felt some sadness, my overwhelming emotion was one of relief. I can only hope that he goes and finds someone who can make him really happy, will want to marry him, etc. It's just not me. I need to do what's right for me and follow my own path. There's a reason why I couldn't get my mind around marrying him. I just didn't want that for myself and I want, no-NEED, to live life on my own terms.

It's good to see you all again. Maybe I should try being more active again here. I've missed it.
    Most people stick to what society expects of them and live sad lives. It's good you chose to do what makes you happy in the end. Congrats!

Thanks lum. Trust me, I'm better off and I'm pretty sure he is too, although he doesn't see it quite yet. Life is too short, you know? I know I need to live authentically and in order to do that, I needed to leave. I really felt that if I stayed, I would have regrets. Now that I'm out of the relationship, my perspective hasn't changed, which just underscores (at least to me) that I made the right choice.

Onward and upward.

Glad you're back, Fudgie.

All that matters is you did what you had to do.

Honestly, I'm feeling pretty damn good. My planner is full of things for the future.

Platinum Member
    Hi Fudgie! Iím glad to see you back on here. Sounds like youíre doing whatís best and thatís taking care of your own happiness!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is true most relationships donít last forever but that is ok.

Gold Member
    while I felt some sadness, my overwhelming emotion was one of relief.
    Can you please keep us informed of how you process this as time passes?

I think there are many posters here, who would be interested in the thought processes the dumper goes through over time.

Welcome back... I can definitely relate to these feelings! Good for you for following your heart... life is too short to spend time in relationships that aren't working for us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice