LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I crazy?

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    More just curious as is it quite strange imo.. But maybe she has a legit reason..
    Funny—to me the strangest part is needing a partner's phone to use the television.

I know, right? You can actually buy a universal remote at any electronics store.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Funny—to me the strangest part is needing a partner's phone to use the television.
    Lol, after reading your last response describing all the different scenarios, I deleted the "it does sound strange" part from my post.

My lordy, it could be anything!

And agree w you about him needing her phone to watch the tele!

I did see the advice to just ask her... in a non confrontational way.... I agree that is the simplest, yet most effective approach.
    I haven’t asked her as I haven’t yet had an opportunity to speak with her since discovering...
    As for the tv situation, it is some sort of new tech, where the programming is cast or streamed onto tv from app on smartphone.... It is new to us and in her home, so at this point her phone is the only “ remote”... lol

I think it's strange you have noticed these two deletions. If you weren't snooping through her browser history and searching through her apps, then you would never know about the behavior to begin with. I would bet the issues is that you don't trust her. Maybe you have a good reason not to, and maybe you don't, but there's no question that something is off in your relationship.

You can use any phone so long as you are added to the account.
    Maybe do that instead of sharing a phone. Makes life easier.

Originally Posted by SGH
    I think it's strange you have noticed these two deletions. If you weren't snooping through her browser history and searching through her apps, then you would never know about the behavior to begin with. I would bet the issues is that you don't trust her. Maybe you have a good reason not to, and maybe you don't, but there's no question that something is off in your relationship.
    I found this odd too. I guess I can see how Instagram being gone could just be “noticed,” but to know history was deleted requires a few clicks over the snooping hedge.

Anyhow, not trying to twist you into a knot, OP. The wall of trust between two is built slowly, and along the way a brick or two comes loose. When you can deal with those moments with grace—well, that’s the sweet stuff.

The only way you'd notice is because you are snooping. That alone could be why she deletes. Not because she has something to hide, but on principle, because you, OP, can't be trusted to mind her privacy and because you are crossing boundaries. This means that you are the kind of person who will create drama and turn a pebble into a mountain. Snooping is often related to insecurities that have nothing to do with the person you are dating, but rather your own personal issues and baggage. Who wants to deal with that? Her instagram....I mean you can see it if you want to outside of her phone. Again, I suspect that your gf is acting more to manage your snooping and insecurities rather than for any nefarious reason. Who wants to fight over nothing just because their partner has issues?

Personally, my browsing history is set to max privacy and will auto clear when I close the browser. Why? Because I hate the ad tracking. Like if I browse info about cars, I'll get bombarded with car ads. It's just annoying to me personally so I stop that with privacy settings. Nefarious? Only if you are selling ads.

Do you live together? Get the app on your own phone. Is there a reason you are looking for issues? Does she want marriage kids soon? Do you? Are you getting along? If she wanted to cheat she would use another device, not randomly delete content.
    Originally Posted by Micheal76
    She leaves it to me on occasion when she goes out as it has an app on it to control the tv. .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice